Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More dances
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gorgeous dancers were those girls and young women. The menu would have gone big for me, too.
Interesting combination cultures: Roman and Celtic.
Lovely photos.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Orio !
You did it really fine and your dances' shots are marvellous.

The 5D MkII is told to be very good at high isos. Did you use it this way, 3200 or 6400 isos for instance ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much everyone for all kind words Smile

fish4570 wrote:

Interesting combination cultures: Roman and Celtic.

That is what we are here, a Roman-Celtic blood mix. People in the Emilia region comes from the fusion of Celtic and Roman populations and cultures. The native languages that we speak are defined by linguists as "Gallic-Italic languages".
Like I wrote in the text of the Roman-Celtic Days thread, after the battle of Tannetum (218 b.C.) the integration of the Emilian Celtic tribes (Gauls) into the Roman state became firstly tight then total, and by the time of the Empire, any social distinction had become meaningless, the Cisalpine Gauls having become Roman citizens under all respects. The Gallic languages survived as an underlay of spoken Latin and influenced the vocabulary and structure of Northern Italy's spoken popular languages. And of course our mixed genes make our body features visually different from the people of Central-Southern Italy.

Olivier wrote:

The 5D MkII is told to be very good at high isos. Did you use it this way, 3200 or 6400 isos for instance ?

I think I may have used sometimes the 3200 ISO, during the darkest dance sets. But usually I limit myself to 1600 ISO unless absolutely unviable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio for the historical and technical explanations.
I'm amazed by the quality of the pictures at high isos in low light.
With the 40D, I have much noise at 800 isos and never use it over 400.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Thank you Orio for the historical and technical explanations.
I'm amazed by the quality of the pictures at high isos in low light.
With the 40D, I have much noise at 800 isos and never use it over 400.

It is unfortunately a problem with the crop cameras that have high pixel density. I sometimes use the 50D at 1600 ISO when necessary but the images require denoising and you can not sure print large Sad
On the other hand, when there is enough light a crop camera with high pixel density represents a very good tool for action and sport shots. You can use it with a 135mm lens and you can work as if you had a lightweight and fast 216mm lens.