Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mitake 35mm f1.8 soft focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Mitake 35mm f1.8 soft focus Reply with quote

Would appreciate info on this is it any good,supposed to be quite rare, made for Spiratone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly the opposite (Mitake being the maker): http://forum.mflenses.com/the-story-of-mitake-t64648.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I said...made FOR Spiratone. See topic header.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pancolart....this is same as lens you posted on story of Mitake .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken with this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyable and exciting image.
How do you know it's a soft focus lens? Usually this is written on the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree,that is why I was interested in buying.Apart from one on German ebay I saw another one for sale for $290.so as I only paid $80 for mine in ex+ condition seemed good value,glass is clear no haze or fungus and it does seem to give pics a soft glow to shots I have taken,I mainly was curious if high prices were because of rarity or quality,it is not an easy lens to use.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking more than a few were made for & sold by Spiratone, a major popular seller in New York City, but these fast glass of theirs is hard to find...

I owned the 24mm from the Mitake lens set -- http://forum.mflenses.com/spiratone-12-5-f24mm-and-12-8-f24mm-t32788.html -- also sold (in UK?) under Formula 5 brand -- http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=56304.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

Taken with this lens.

Looks like one of my images....strange

Actually, IT IS MINE - what the heck is going on here, and my copyright removed..... Evil or Very Mad

I have shown my work also here: http://forum.mflenses.com/clivia-blossoms-t41638.html

So that ebay seller astra4646 has obviously not just stolen my work, but also the work of two other artists.

Since I'm resgistered at ebays copyright program VERO, I have filed a Copyright Violation Calim, have identified and contacted the other two artists, so they will file too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this image is no obtained with the lens which were talking about here?
So this seller stoles this picture and he wanted to fool buyers with it? Shocked Too bad these things happen. Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
So this image is no obtained with the lens which were talking about here?
So this seller stoles this picture and he wanted to fool buyers with it? Shocked Too bad these things happen. Exclamation

Neither of this images he shows (and has stolen) have been taken with this lens I presume (and have proof of two). My Clivia image was even shot in ultraviolet light.

2nd image is from artist Pam Walker: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/soft-focus-pam-walker.html, not sure what she used for that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Pic was on sellers ad to supposedly show what lens was capable of,I sincerely apologize to fellow members but did not claim this as mine.PS there were 2 other pics supposedely taken with lens on his ad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
This Pic was on sellers ad to supposedly show what lens was capable of,I sincerely apologize to fellow members but did not claim this as mine.PS there were 2 other pics supposedely taken with lens on his ad.

Not your fault, you could not have know Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Wicked people Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

I am sorry to say, the world is full of wicked people. I don't imagine anybody here thought you were in the wrong. I certainly didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Klaus and keeflester.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here his response, highlighting is by me...

Hello Dr Klaus Schmitt. Thank you very much for letting me know that one of the images on my listing turned out to be copyrighted. I can assure you I have no intentions to use any (c) images to anyhow promote my items on eBay. The image you mentioned didnt have any copyright stamps at the time I view it. (*) Probably it was altered before by somebody. I cant really explain how this particular image got in same folder with my own photographed images, but since I have thousands of my own photos it probably got messed up. I really apologize for messing this up and for unknowingly using you photograph on my listing.
Your photograph is amazing and its really a piece of art and thats why it cough my eyes with its unusual beauty, probably that was a reason I actually had that photo, most likely some of my friends share it with me. As a pro photographer I do respect other photographers artwork and of cause their rights. The photo you mentioned was removed from my eBay listing. I take full responsibility for my mistake and would like to apologize once more.

I have used google image search and my image only up on my own site, mflenses where I have posted it and on his ebay auction, so this is bloody BS he talks. It was deliberately cut to size to remove the copyright notice. Of course afterwards you don't see it anymore (*)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the German term is 'shyster'. He was selling crappy fakes many years ago, and it's obvious that online sales sites just don't do anything to get rid of the shysters.