Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 75/150 f4 with Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Minolta MD 75/150 f4 with Sony A7 Reply with quote

I was looking for a compact telezoom (70/150) mainly for my touristic travels . I have been disappointed by a Vivitar a RMC Tokina and a Zuiko.
Finally I could get this Minolta which is recommended by artaphot.ch ( stevemark on this forum).

http://www.artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/objektive/193-minolta-75-150mm-f4

This lens is really sharp with good colours and contrast . Its bokeh is a bit nervous , it is its only weakness .
Here are some examples ( just travel pictures as souvenir)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This indeed is a very nice lens in that range, i have it too, it surprised me in a most positive way. I also have the Konica Hexanon 4/70-150, still need to take that one out though....

Here's a link to some of my Minolta samples: http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-md-zoom-75-150mm-f-4-t73038,highlight,%2Bminolta.html

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD 75/150 f4 with Sony A7 Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
Its bokeh is a bit nervous , it is its only weakness .

Only now that you mention it... and still only slightly nervous. Wink Nice lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
This indeed is a very nice lens in that range, i have it too, it surprised me in a most positive way. I also have the Konica Hexanon 4/70-150, still need to take that one out though....

I also have the Konica mentioned above, but i it's not as good as the Minolta.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica never made that zoom by itself. Should be a tokina lens made based on konica's standars.
The konica zoom has a very good contrast, a good travel lens.
I Saw in some copies a haze problem in the last rear groups.
I have not the minolta md.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Konica never made that zoom by itself. Should be a tokina lens made based on konica's standars.

Do you have any reliable information on this - or does this statement come from your imagination only?

papasito wrote:

Which Konica zoom are you talking about now?[/quote]

papasito wrote:

That's a sign of poor construction/manufacturing - quite a few Sigma APO lenses from the 1980s have the same problem, BTW!

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
papasito wrote:

Do you have any reliable information on this - or does this statement come from your imagination on

Not my imagination, Stephan. I read this sometimes in some forums in the last 8/10 years. Here too. I can´t remember where, but the concept is clear. Konica should make the oldest 65/135 F/4 (or made by sun?).
One member analized both 75/150 with photos taken with them and of them. He was convincing.

papasito wrote:

Which Konica zoom are you talking about now?

I'm talking about the zoom 75-150/4. At F/8-11 i can fight vs any of the prime lens. Will I lose? Yes, but for a little margen at the corners.

papasito wrote:

That's a sign of poor construction/manufacturing - quite a few Sigma APO lenses from the 1980s have the same problem, BTW!

Yes.

Stephan[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD 75/150 f4 with Sony A7 Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
memetph wrote:

Only now that you mention it... and still only slightly nervous. Wink Nice lens.

Actually it is my first impression.I might revise my opinion after a proper comparison with some prime lenses .

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD 75/150 f4 with Sony A7 Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
Teemō wrote:
memetph wrote:

Actually it is my first impression.I might revise my opinion after a proper comparison with some prime lenses .

Talking generally about the bokeh of a zoom lens can be a bit tricky.

The Minolta/Sony 2.8/70-200mm APO G D SSM, for example, has a very smooth bokeh at 2.8/200mm and distances of about 2m (portrait!), but its background blur can be quite nervous/distracting at 2.8/135mm and distances of about 5-10m, especially when the background is near the subject (meaning the background is not at infinity).

Stephan