Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 35-70 f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 35-70 f3.5 Reply with quote

Really quick shipping,I got the lens today. Very Happy It's the Minolta 35-70 3.5 macro lens. I bought it off the bay with a very fuzzy pic, but an excellent discription.It has the correct hood with it. It came in a Tamron case that is marked L-13 on the bottom, and is a perfect fit for this lens with the hood on. Very Happy
I think near mint would be an accurate discription of the lens. Very Happy I paid USD $17.50 + $11 for shipping. I will try to make time for test pictures tomorrow if the rain stops.
I will post pictures of the lens later tonight.
Please feel free to post any pics from your Minolta or Leica 35-70 on this thread.

Edited. Picture of lens added.

Last edited by walter g on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Minolta MD 35-70 f3.5 Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

Please feel free to post any pics from your Minolta or Leica 35-70 on this thread.

Well I'll start the ball rolling...just a couple of ordinary shots comparing the Minolta 35-70mm f3.5 and a Canon FDn 50mm f1.4 erm I'm going to need a bigger scan to see the difference Wink

1.jpg

2.jpg

Meyer 50mm f1.8 zebra erm the Meyer shouldn't be sharper than the Canon 50mm f1.4 but it looks as though it does.

Last edited by Excalibur on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey walter that cheaper than I bought mine,
my recent shot with this lens ( not macro one)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought this lens some time ago, glass is pristine but it came with a faulty aperture. It looks like an easy fix...but I don't know any capable technician to fix it... Sad

maybe there's a diagram of this lens?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:
I also bought this lens some time ago, glass is pristine but it came with a faulty aperture. It looks like an easy fix...but I don't know any capable technician to fix it... Sad

maybe there's a diagram of this lens?

Ivan, I don't have a diagram, but this may help you.Translate the text there is some info in there plus the pictures.
http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php/14121-Umbau-des-Minolta-MD-Zoom-Rokkor-35-70mm-f-3.5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Walter, that t is a real bargain. Congrats.

You can buy the Leica brother her in Germany not under 150 - 170 Euros, so the price you paid is rock buttom.
A great lens for walk around with - that is my feeling - very good 3D capabilities.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Wow Walter, that t is a real bargain. Congrats.

You can buy the Leica brother her in Germany not under 150 - 170 Euros, so the price you paid is rock buttom.
A great lens for walk around with - that is my feeling - very good 3D capabilities.

Wink

Thanks, Rolf. I've been lucky lately. Very Happy I also have it's bigger brother, that was also sold as a Leica. The Minolta MD 70-210 f4, which I got even cheaper. Very Happy $12.50 + shipping, but I had to fix the apeture, simple 15 minute or less fix. Smile
I thought this would make a good walkaround set when I get my Panny G1 or Nex.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter , congrats for the lens .Good one ! I just received one some weeks ago and I like it .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Walter , congrats for the lens .Good one ! I just received one some weeks ago and I like it .

Thank You. I wish the weather was better to test it. Rain yesterday and very windy today.I tried and this is the best I could do, but it still has movement because of the wind. Sad I believe this was at f8.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have md zoom 35-70mm/3.5 but without the macro option. I've posted samples in one of my 'testing my lenses' threads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet lens Walter. You know if you stopped buying lenses you could get the G1 faster. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right Ron. I just keep finding these deals that are too good to pass up. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot at 70mm f8 ISO 400 1/10s handheld, with optical adapter, and standard sharpening.

MUM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last shot was less the 4.5' so the performance dropp off of the adapter is less then that. Sad Evil or Very Mad

Same Mum shot at 70mm f8 ISO 400 1/15s with macro adapter,no glass, with standard sharpening. Might have a little movement . It's hard for me to handhold a lens perfectly still for that long.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Walter, they're gorgeous. I don't see much camera shake, if any. I can't wait to try my lens on a digital cam without this damned optical adapter.

Here are some new ones of mine on the remainder of the Portra 160NC, at the 35mm end I would say.

Frightening the ducks Smile

The Mill Race

Bag Lady

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter. Smile
I think the more I use this lens the better I will like it. I just wish I had a Panny G1 now. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've just got to add more praise in saying this Minolta is a good zoom by adding a test shot at 35mm with the wrong hood (well it came with the lens Wink ) erm I suppose some time I will have to compare it with my Tamron 35-70 f3.5 09a and Tamron SP 35-80mm f2.8 01a

Minolta 35-70mm f3.5 @35mm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Thanks, Peter. Smile
I think the more I use this lens the better I will like it. I just wish I had a Panny G1 now. Smile

Get a NEX-3, you won't regret it, superb images from it, has improved my pictures no end.

I just bought my first Rokkor - the 2/45 pancake, I'll post samples soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have a Minolta 35-70 3.5 macro in new old stock that i managed to track down paid £30 for it so hope it is good will post some when i get it, I do like Minoltas as they are my First proper SLR back in the 80's and i still have my silver x300

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Well i have a Minolta 35-70 3.5 macro in new old stock that i managed to track down paid £30 for it so hope it is good will post some when i get it, I do like Minoltas as they are my First proper SLR back in the 80's and i still have my silver x300

We need a volunteer to really check this zoom out, I'll pass as I've a sonnar, Flek and Canon 50m f1.4 to check out first Wink