Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 35-105mm f3.5-4.5 - tests in 50 shades of brown
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 35-105mm f3.5-4.5 - tests in 50 shades of brown Reply with quote

I picked this up on the recommendation of woodrim (thanks, Mike!) although I got the MD version, not the AF. At $32, postage included, I find it to be very good value. I finally got a chance to give it a workout. It is still winter here and very dry and, with the exception of the sky, fairly monochromatic. Hence "fifty shades of brown." Wink

My only minor criticism is that I need to be careful about sun angle, as it has a tendency to flare under certain conditions. Next time I will try it out with a hood.

And these were with the macro setting, wide open:

Thank you for looking!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Judy. The thistle thing picture seems sharp. I do know that it has the same number of elements and groups as the AF model, but can't recall seeing a diagram. I'd be curious to compare an AF image with the MD image. Maybe we can do that.