Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 35-105mm f3.5-4.5 - tests in 50 shades of brown
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 35-105mm f3.5-4.5 - tests in 50 shades of brown Reply with quote

I picked this up on the recommendation of woodrim (thanks, Mike!) although I got the MD version, not the AF. At $32, postage included, I find it to be very good value. I finally got a chance to give it a workout. It is still winter here and very dry and, with the exception of the sky, fairly monochromatic. Hence "fifty shades of brown." Wink

My only minor criticism is that I need to be careful about sun angle, as it has a tendency to flare under certain conditions. Next time I will try it out with a hood.

And these were with the macro setting, wide open:

Thank you for looking!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Judy. The thistle thing picture seems sharp. I do know that it has the same number of elements and groups as the AF model, but can't recall seeing a diagram. I'd be curious to compare an AF image with the MD image. Maybe we can do that.