Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC W. Rokkor HG 35 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Here's a few from me: Reply with quote

The Minolta MC W.Rokkor-HG 35mm 2.8 on the Panasonic GH1 (all wide open at f/2.8 ) Cool :

And one exposed for the background - checking bokeh (extreme crop) :

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for posting. I hope to get a Panny soon myself, or the Nex so I can use my lens more.
So far the HG is my favorite of the Minolta 35mm focal length lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theme up (after 8 years of an oblivion) - another review is published:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice lens. I have it in MCIII. It is (7/6) lens, but there is also other Minolta MCIII 35mm F2.8 without HG letters and with a different formula (5/5). It's a bit shorter. I happen to have one as well. Shall compare them one day when the polar winter gives way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tf wrote:
Theme up (after 8 years of an oblivion) - another review is published

Going to miss the warm theme and the anime angle of reviews.

For those who want to experience old reviews by tf, I've been mirroring his site to Web Archive for a while now:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190723150646/https://lensqaworks.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:

Going to miss the warm theme and the anime angle of reviews.

For those who want to experience old reviews by tf, I've been mirroring his site to Web Archive for a while now:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190723150646/https://lensqaworks.com/

Thank you aidaho (to be honest - I miss it too.. ((,

offtopic:

you touched on the subject, and I have to say about this.
The site is linked to the anime, but on a deeper level.
I did a small survey, which showed that people's opinions about anime on the site - is strictly: 50/50. Someone loves, someone not.
And those who do not like it, all the time saying anything about their hidden fantasies,... and about copyrights Smile.

What would stop this debate, I have contacted with the real artist who draws a real anime (btw. - it was a surprice for me - that guys also are living on the Earth..).
Moreover, he is the lead character designer for the next "Ghost in the Shell" (it's cool Smile ). He gave me permission to use his own images for the site design. I think it is even better than just screenshots from anime. These samples are really arrived from the person who is living behind the backstage of anime production

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tf wrote:

I did a small survey, which showed that people's opinions about anime on the site - is strictly: 50/50. Someone loves, someone not.
And those who do not like it, all the time saying anything about their hidden fantasies,... and about copyrights Smile.

Haters gonna hate. I wouldn't sweat it.
Copyrights is a valid angle, but I doubt any of the studios would actually care.
Anyway, what's done is done.

tf wrote:

What would stop this debate, I have contacted with the real artist who draws a real anime (btw. - it was a surprice for me - that guys also are living on the Earth..).
Moreover, he is the lead character designer for the next "Ghost in the Shell" (it's cool Smile ). He gave me permission to use his own images for the site design. I think it is even better than just screenshots from anime. These samples are really arrived from the person who is living behind the backstage of anime production

Cool. I didn't know they had another GitS in the works. One of my favourites.