Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Tele Rokkor PE 4.5/200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Minolta MC Tele Rokkor PE 4.5/200 Reply with quote

My first lens buy of 2012. Smile This is the MC2 version built between 1970-73. It's a 5/5 design with a 52mm filter thread. Serial number should start with 151. MC1 version starts with 150.
MFD is 2.5m, and the weight is 500 grams, the 3.5 version is 200+ grams more.
On the MC2 version they moved the SDL up, on the MC1 version it is on the f stop ring. The SDL is a very nice feature if you are using this lens on a DSLR. Simply set your appeture and it stays wide open until you press the button.
I will test it as soon as I get it. Weather permiting.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the earlier version. 1967-70.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of prefered the earlier one like yours, but at this price I couldn't pass it up. Very Happy
I wanted this one so I'd have a 200 that matches the rendering of my other early lenses. My 4/200 will work nicely with my later lenses.
Somehow I missed your threads on the 4.5/200. Here is a link to them.

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-200-4-5-t29553,highlight,%2Bminolta+%2B200+%2B4+%2B5.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/trying-out-a-minolta-200-4-5-t40357,highlight,%2Bminolta+%2B200+%2B4+%2B5.html

Here is a link to my 4/200.

http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-mc-celtic-200-f4-t44604,highlight,%2Bminolta+%2Bceltic.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious -- what do the various Minolta lens designations mean? PE, PG, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
I'm curious -- what do the various Minolta lens designations mean? PE, PG, etc.?

It's coding that tell the groups and elements.

1st letter stands for the number of groups. T=3, Q=4, P=5, H=6, S=7, O=8, N=9.
2nd letter stands for the number of elements. C=3, D=4, E=5, F=6, G=7, H=8, I=9, J=10, K=11, L=12.

So a PE lens is a 5/5 and a PG lens is a 5/7.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$6.50 Shocked you stole it lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
$6.50 Shocked you stole it lol

Thanks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received it on friday, and had a few minutes to try it today. Front element is deeply recessed and it has a slide out hood.
This is handheld at ISO 400. Comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Quick test for CA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post better pictures over the next couple days. The Bokeh favors the older style which I like. CA evaluation will have to wait on more testing. I will do a sharpness test, and I will use a tripod. Smile I will also shoot something with more color to check color reproduction.
The lens body needs a light cleaning, but I'm very happy with the condition. I include one shot the shows the front of 4.5/200 beside the 4/200.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look under exposed & soft Walter.

Softness may be the result of shooting wide open (you do not say) or your relatively slow shutter for a 100mm lens hand held.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
They look under exposed & soft Walter.

Softness may be the result of shooting wide open (you do not say) or your relatively slow shutter for a 100mm lens hand held.

Ron, Every shot out of my 10D seems soft whether I nail the focus or not. I'm trying to determine if it's a sensor issue or what.
The first shot I believe was at f8 with my back to the Sun. It looks like it has movement to me. Second shot was almost directly into the sun at f4.5, I think. There is no way I came close to nailing the focus. I had to squint to even shoot it. Laughing
I need to retest these with a tripod. So far to me the CA looks resonable. Actually I didn't know it but this variety of Silver Dollar? Ucalyptus has a pinkish tinge to to the edge of the leaves, so I can't use it for CA testing. Embarassed
Second shot using in camera metering.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we recently have been discussing the Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-PE 4.5/200mm in another thread, I'm adding here an image of the three main versions of this beautiful lens.

Left: MC-I version, middle: MC-II, right: MC-X

S