Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Celtic 200 f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Minolta MC Celtic 200 f4 Reply with quote

I had little extra cash that I didn't know I would have. So I placed a single bid on this lens and won. Confused
USD $14.99 with free shipping. Shocked
This is the MC Celtic version of the 200 f4. No built in hood on this one, but the later MD Celtics had one. This was the fastest lens you could buy in the Celtic 200mm line.Lens was produced between 1975-1977.
55mm filter thread with a lens length of 130mm. This is the 6/5 version that was only built in the Celtic line. All of the regular Minolta 200mm f4 lenses were 5/5, so I'm really looking foward to trying this one.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurry up and get a NEX so we can see all these Rokkors in their full glory! lol

Tomorrow I'm going to test my newly acquired Rokkor 2/45 on my NEX-3. Cost me 11ukp.

That might persuade you to take the plunge??? hehe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Celtics are great performers, I have 135mm MC Celtic, that's the only Minolta 135mm lens with a 5/4 construction. The performance is really good

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Hurry up and get a NEX so we can see all these Rokkors in their full glory! lol

Tomorrow I'm going to test my newly acquired Rokkor 2/45 on my NEX-3. Cost me 11ukp.

That might persuade you to take the plunge??? hehe

Probably won't be until mid January or early feburary, before I can seriously consider looking for one. Sad
I hope you enjoy shooting with your 2/45 I really like mine. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:
The Celtics are great performers, I have 135mm MC Celtic, that's the only Minolta 135mm lens with a 5/4 construction. The performance is really good

Thank You. I will keep an eye out for one. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the lens yesterday, but haven't had the time to really try it. Shot deleted will repost tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:
The Celtics are great performers,

They used to be the "cheap" line of the Minolta lenses but their performance really is said to be on par with most Rokkors.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Ivan Lee wrote:
The Celtics are great performers,

They used to be the "cheap" line of the Minolta lenses but their performance really is said to be on par with most Rokkors.

I've read somewhere that the Celtic lenses have the same Rokkor optical formula but with inferior coatings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've shot a few hundred shots using this lens, and all I can say is I will retest it when I get a NEX.
This is shot at f8 with standard sharpening. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors, fine details good as any 200mm f4 lens from well known brands.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At various times, camera makers have tried to introduce lower-priced lenses to compete with independent lens makers. Some of them were quite good, though the Celtic line was not particularly impressive, the lenses were certainly better than Soligor or Vivitar lenses. The mounts were where the main cost savings were achieved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice colors, fine details good as any 200mm f4 lens from well known brands.

Thanks. Smile This is one more shot from the same set.