Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Maxxum lens on a XG1 body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Minolta Maxxum lens on a XG1 body Reply with quote

Hi
I've got a Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm f1.7 lens for sale and somebody is asking if it will work with a Minolta XG1 body.
Because I know nothing about Minolta stuff, I'm asking you guys what is the answer? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

This is the lens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know the Maxxum AF lenses are a different mount than the standard Minolta MD which the XG1 uses (it was built in 1978).

Jim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds unlikely, even if you find an adapter for the different lens mounts.

The autofocus Minolta/Sony lenses do not have an aperture ring, aperture is controlled electronically from the camera body. So how would you control aperture on an mf Minolta body?

/Erik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as Erik said before it won't work on a MD Minolta mount camera.
But you might have more chances to sell it you buy a Minolta AF body . On ebay they are very cheap, yes, not all models but those entry-level ones. Than you could sell it as a Camera-Normal lens kit. This way might have more chances to sell it. Anyway I'm wondering why nobody wants this lens now that there are more Sony dSLRs on the peoples hands (the A200 is pretty cheap in Romania - se second cheapest after D40).
http://photography.shop.ebay.com/items/35mm-SLR_?Brand3d75b67=Minoltaa2aede3c&_dmpt=Film_Cameras&_fln=1&_sacat=15241&LH_PrefLoc=0&LH_PayPal=1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also sell the lens at www.dyxum.com the premier site for Sony/Minolta af cameras.

The 50/1.7 is well regarded, but since there are many around you might not get that much money for it. At Dyxum you can find links to price guides for used Minolta lenses.

/Erik

Last edited by Blunderstein on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blunderstein wrote:
You might also sell the lens at www.dyxum.com, the premier site for Sony/Minolta af cameras.

The 50/1.7 is well regarded, but since there are many around you might not get that much money for it. At Dyxum you can find links to price guides for used Minolta lenses.

/Erik
Thank you for the link but unfortunatelly it's not working. The lens just sold for 118$ plus shipping, it looks like i got lucky.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good price. I fixed the link.

/Erik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! I feel ashamed that i didn't noticed the extra comma in the link. Thank you Erik.