Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta eyepiece
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Minolta eyepiece Reply with quote

Anyone know which Minolta this was for?

It bayonet mounts on to the host viewfinder.
Very well made with a spring loaded bayonet latch.

Country of origin mark.

I seem to remember the viewfinder eyepiece inlet frame was square on the old SRT series(?)

Glass seems clear, but a little bit dusty.
There are no other markings on it at all...

Thanks in advance for any information.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was for the Minolta SR-2 and early SR-1.

Minolta's first SLR was the SR-2 (curiously, the SR-1 was a slightly later model).

These models have the early twist-in bayonet connection for the viewfinder accessories. The later SR-1 models and onwards adopted the square slide-in connection for viewfinder accessories.

The SR-2 and early SR-1's were aesthetically beautiful cameras with a distinct mid-century modern styling. They also have a longer aperture lever throw, which means only the very earliest AUTO ROKKOR lenses with similar long aperture pin throw will allow for correct operation on these oldies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
This was for the Minolta SR-2 and early SR-1.
These models have the early twist-in bayonet connection for the viewfinder accessories. The later SR-1 models and onwards adopted the square slide-in connection for viewfinder accessories.

Not entirely true. The SR-3 has a round connection as well - although I'm not sure whether it is identical to the (round) bayonet connection of the SR-2/early SR-1 models.

RokkorDoctor wrote:
The SR-2 and early SR-1's were aesthetically beautiful cameras with a distinct mid-century modern styling.

Same goes for the SR-3! There are some images of the SR-1, SR-2, SR-3, SR-7 "classic" and SR-7 "new" here on my webpage:
http://artaphot.ch/minolta-sr/slrs/123-minolta-sr

BTW A few days ago I just bought an early Minolta Eyepiece with the round connection. Not arrived yet, though ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

BTW A few days ago I just bought an early Minolta Eyepiece with the round connection. Not arrived yet, though ...

S

Show a couple of comparison photo's here when you get it.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add photo's of the leather case.

Front of separating leather case showing manufacurer's marking.

Side of case showing stitching details and riveted strap for neck strap mounting.

One final view of the eye-piece showing a slightly better view of the single cap that came with it, and the screw for dioptric setting lock.

-D.S.