Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta adapters=Original P and L adapters(?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Minolta adapters=Original P and L adapters(?) Reply with quote

Does anyone know if these are the original adapters for the old SLR Minolta cameras,I am thinking the minolta SRT models? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-adapter by Minolta is for M42->SR mount adapter, P=Pentax mount.
L-adapter by Minolta is for a special macro extension ring, whch used to have
Leica M39 thread. See the paragraph of "15 December, 1961" in
http://thesybersite.com/minolta/historical/Minolta_Lens_Chronology.htm

This L-adapter might be very useful when you want to mount L-mount lens
for a close up photography.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Koji for the link.... very handy.
I will be looking at buying a Minolta camera in the future Very Happy Plus I have a weakness for anything original in camera equipment,hoods,adapters etc. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My adapter is very sensible and says "Minolta M42" Wink ...also comes with a key to fit into the holes to mount.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mo, those are definitely original Minolta adapters, I have the P version myself. I bought a very cheap M42>MD adapter to start with but focussing went a long way past infinity. The original is much better quality and has a thicker flange, so focussing is spot-on.

What camera are you thinking of getting? I might be able to help. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one more original Minolta adapter in this series, called E-adapter, for Exakta lenses.

http://exakta.blogspot.com/search/label/lens%20adapter

Quite rare.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The both Minolta made P-adapters, the left is earlier version (model names
are engraved) and the right is later version (names are printed, almost
gone). One of my friends bought these early 1970's. (They are mine now.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great link with all the odd adapters.

Peter
I am thinking a Minolta 303 or super just because the mechanics are better (newer materials) in the later models.
Thanks for the confirmation of the adapters originality.I find when looking at adapters there are not many places I have found pictures to confirm originality....it would be nice to have a reference here on the forum of adapters people have that they know are original....what do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: E- adaptor Reply with quote

Hi All,

I purchased an e adaptor a couple of weeks ago along with a set of macro extension tubes, cost me £3.00 (UK pounds).

This was purchased the same time and from the same place where I got this lovely Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm F4.5, which cost £8.00 (UK pounds)

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-135mm-f4-5-twin-tele-225mm-some-snaps-t37559,highlight,%2Btwin+%2Btele.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelda_n64 wrote:
I purchased an e adaptor a couple of weeks ago along with a set of macro extension tubes, cost me £3.00 (UK pounds).

Wow! I knew they existed, but have never seen one.
For the P-adapter existed two models. One with and one without flange to push the aperture pin.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelda_n64...nice find and thanks for posting an image of it.

Minolfan...Thanks for the extra info on the P adapters.