Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 45/2 on GF1, samples.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Minolta 45/2 on GF1, samples. Reply with quote

This lens is compact & dose not look out-of-place on the GF1.

1. Wide open @ f2.0

2. @ f4.0

3. @ f8.0

4. @ f2.0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed!

Minotal seems to have been making only great lenses and this is no exception. Sharp even wide open and IMO not typical "Japanese" bokeh.

Congrats on your new portrait lens!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you was showing last photo without info, i will tell you: its rokkor. no other lenses have this lovely bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems we have a couple Minolta fans here. Smile

I have 7 Minolta lenses & another 7 of other brands in Minolta mount.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last image a lot Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful lens and very handy .I use it on X-700 .Small,light fast (more than other ,anyway).I would not post some here because your topic referes at 45/2 on GF1.The problem with the m4/3 is that all lenses doubles their focal length .In this case , a very good normal focal becomes a 90/2 good portrait lens Smile OK!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite walk around lenses. I use mine on my X370.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
The problem with the m4/3 is that all lenses doubles their focal length .In this case , a very good normal focal becomes a 90/2 good portrait lens Smile OK!

Not so, it is still a 45mm lens, the crop factor only limits the field of view. It is like cropping out the centre of a picture taken on a full frame camera.

These pic were shot in jpeg & you see the typical blue colour cast I get with Minolta lenses. This is supposed to be my wife's camera & she only shoots in auto. I switched it to aperture priority forgetting the camera was set to jpeg. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
if you was showing last photo without info, i will tell you: its rokkor. no other lenses have this lovely bokeh.

Well...Obviously, bokeh is a matter of taste Wink (and of course, some rokkors are bokeh's king)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
yinyangbt wrote:
The problem with the m4/3 is that all lenses doubles their focal length .In this case , a very good normal focal becomes a 90/2 good portrait lens Smile OK!

Not so, it is still a 45mm lens, the crop factor only limits the field of view. It is like cropping out the centre of a picture taken on a full frame camera

Yes, that's the same thing practically speaking.Of course , that the flocal length of the lens remains the same.
Maybe it's more accurate to say that the angle of wiew is like that of a 90mm lens on FF.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when, in 1980, I bought my XG-9, the normal more cheap was the 2/45, it's not MC and 5 elements lens.

If I'm not wrong, the 2/45 was the cheapest lens in all the MD lenses line.

And what good it is !!!

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a nice answer to the pancake mood (Though it does not have the current destiny of the Zuiko 40mm)