Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 35MM lenses Choose your Bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Minolta 35MM lenses Choose your Bokeh Reply with quote

I have 3 different 35mm Minoltas. The only rose blooming right now was just beyond easy reach, so sorry for the variations in angle. Also a slight breeze was blowing.
I will try to take and post f4 shots of the Celtic and HG tomorrow.
Thanks For looking. Any Comments or Critiques are welcome.
NoPP on any shots.

First one is the pre MC 35 QE 4.

Minolta QE 35 f4 at f4

Minolta 35 QE f4 at f8

Next is the Minolta MD Celtic 35 2.8. No PP.

Minolta Celtic 35 f2.8 at f2.8

Minolta Celtic 35 f2.8 at f8

Next is the Minolta HG 35 2.8. No PP.

Minolta 35 2.8 at 2.8.

Minolta HG 35 2.8 at f8.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the HG at f8 best, but I'm biased! Smile Wow, I wish we still had lovely lush roses like that here, autumn is coming on fast. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I like the HG at f8 best, but I'm biased! Smile Wow, I wish we still had lovely lush roses like that here, autumn is coming on fast. Sad

That is the very last Rose on the bush.Temps are dropping here too. Fall is in the air.
I like the HG also. I still have 3 versions to get. The early SR1 35 2.8 version, the late MC 35 2.8, and the MD 35 2.8.
I don't think there will be much difference in rendering between the Celtic MD and the regular MD tho.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the better is the HG f/8 too..
follow by Celtic and then QE.

Thanks for the test Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vlousada wrote:
To me the better is the HG f/8 too..
follow by Celtic and then QE.

Thanks for the test Smile

This type of test is fun. Very Happy
The HG and Celtic stops down to a Hexagon, but the QE is very special.
It stops down to an Octagon. Shocked Very Happy I think that's why the Bokeh is so different.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the Minolta MD 28-70 3.5-4.8 Zoom. So the first day it's not raining I will take and post pictures of the rose at 35mm f3.5 and f8.
It will be interesting to see how it renders compared to the primes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Bokeh for the Minolta Cosina 28-70 3.5-4.8. I did minor post processing on these.

Shot at 35mm f3.5

Shot at 35mm f8