Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mflenses Helsinki 18.5. Spring party / Kevätjuhla / Vårjippo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the company, and special thanks to Vilhelm for introducing his studio and works.

- - -

I'm loading stuff for next - very short - camwalk (that is; feeling like a camel with a huge amount of 22 sheets of film - 2.2kg) to get some not-too-shaked photos with Graflex+Industar-37 (& maybe w. I-51,too).

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a little confused, was it more about the beer or photography - or both? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I got a little confused, was it more about the beer or photography - or both? Very Happy

Well, look at the size of my beer in bhargav's photo #1 (about 20 cl). Wink

edit: smaller than SLR/c

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least on my part, the meeting was more about getting to know each other than taking photos. Smile It was nice to meet you all, and special thanks for Vilhelm for the wine and showing us around his studio.

#1 On the Suomenlinna ferry - Bhargav,Hemmo and Keisaa - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#2 Suomenlinna dry dock - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#3 View from Suomenlinna - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#4 Members Keisaa, Bhargav and Kansalliskala - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#5 Beautiful lichen growing on the stone walls - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#6 Bhargav and Keisaa - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#7 A bicycle by a coffee shop - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#8 Somebody, maybe a Russian visitor) has lost his golden wallet - Zoom-Nikkor 25-50/4 Ai

#9 Bhargav using his Contax G 90 mm Sonnar - taken with his Steinheil Quinon 55/1.9 with a glass adapter for Nikon

#10 At Vilhelm´s studio - Vilhelm,Bhargav,Kansalliskala and Arkku - Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais

#11 Vilhem testing the not yet released AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lens - Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais

#12 Arkku and Keisaa have seen something interesting - Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais

#13 Maybe it was this harbour crane - Tokina RMC 17/3.5

#14 Arkku - Tokina RMC 17/3.5

# 15 Against the setting sun - Tokina RMC 17/3.5

#16 More beer at Punavuoren Ahven - - Tokina RMC 17/3.5

#17 Arkku - Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais

#18 Bhargav - Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reportage! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics from you all guys! Very Happy

For me this our first Very Happy meet wasn't for photographing, I just wanted to meet you all and I took just few frames there at Suomenlinna.

Developed them now with the very last drops of my R09 bottle and scanned them now with just very quick PP:s

This first one is about 100 years old photo about you at Suomenlinna. Took this with that Vermeer 66 pinhole camera with knowing that the 10sec. exposure time wasn't enough (anyway couldn't ask you to pose 41sec without any movements) The 10sec pose is already quite difficult to handle, but as you all are real professional models, that 10sec was very easy for you Very Happy. The very old look came to that first pic because I had to push the levels very hard.

Vermeer 66. Fomapan100: R09. Exposure time 10sec.

And these few other frames are from my Yashica Mat with Fomapan200.

(This rolls last pic didn't came 6x6 size so this pics cropping came from the camera itself.)

Looking forward to see you all again! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone, it was a really great day. And the pictures really great!

Could we think next some sort of "west of Metropol area" tour. Like Fagervik - Snappertuna - Tammisaari - Bilnäs - Fiskars or something like that?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Beer - improving photography since 1790 Very Happy

Gurdie wrote:

#11 Vilhelm testing the not yet released AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR lens - Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais

The Nikkor 800/5.6 actually is released, started shipping 2 weeks ago. That one is nr 53 that left Nikon's Sendai factory and first one in Finland, probably one of the first to reach Europe as well. Tomorrow I'm taking it to the Russian border for some bear & wolf photography, hopefully there will be both around (never know for sure).

Group photo against the studio infinity wall, quick & dirty bw conversion
(lens used Nikkor 35/2K Ai at f/11 1/250s ISO 100 (large Octa high left, medium Recta 3 o'clock flat)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemmo, thanks for the nice B&W pics, especially the pinhole. Nice feeling.

Esox lucius wrote:
The Nikkor 800/5.6 actually is released, started shipping 2 weeks ago. That one is nr 53 that left Nikon's Sendai factory and first one in Finland, probably one of the first to reach Europe as well. Tomorrow I'm taking it to the Russian border for some bear & wolf photography, hopefully there will be both around (never know for sure).

Sorry, I misunderstood, but I believe that the members of this forum are not the No.1 target group for this lens, anyway. Cool

Thank You Vilhelm for immortalizing us all!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the f64 reborn!

A collateral effect of being a forum member like this is to make friends,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great,thanks for sharing your images and cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reloading some of these