Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Telemegor f5.5 180mm M42 screw SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Meyer Telemegor f5.5 180mm M42 screw SOLD Reply with quote

NOW SOLD
Meyer Telemegor 180mm f5.5 in M42 screw fitting. I bought this on eBay years ago - it was described as being "like new" but it actually wasn't quite that good Wink

Mechanically it's fine. Focus is still nice and smoothly firm and the pre-set iris is oil-free. To alter the aperture you pull forward on the milled ring and then turn and let it drop into the slot for the f number you want. It only has full-stop preselection. Mounting thread is perfect. The lens hood - 49mm size - unscrews smoothly.

Cosmetics are, well, I suppose quite good. One or two "pin-prick" bright spots in the egg-shell black paint and some minor bright spots inside the lens hood. No worries at all unless you're really picky.

The optics are good, apart from the odd minor dust spot and the bit of "spider-web" fungus inside the front element !!! I reckon it will mostly wipe clear once the front glass is taken out. It doesn't actually seem to have any effect on the results, even shooting against the light but although it seems stable I guess most new owners would want it removed.

The Telemegor is one of those "interesting" lenses with a distinctive character of its own. At full aperture you get a "dreamy" almost etheral effect in bright light which disappears when you stop it down. Iris opening is as near circular as you're likely to get. Its only negative aspect is the close focusing which stops at TWO meters. Yes, two meters . . . but that's easily got round with a short (and usually cheap) extension tube. Or a +0.5 or +1.0 diopter close up lens. Or a bellows unit if you want to get in really close.

Price - to allow for the spider-web - GBP £17.50 plus shipping at actual cost by agreed route.

Last edited by scsambrook on Mon May 06, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare lens I had only silver one give excellent result in small package, I take it Stephen, please let me to know your Paypal.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the 'S' inside the triangle mean? I was only aware of the '1' inside a triangle or 1Q on Meyer lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super man lens Smile I think same like 1Q first class.