Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Telemegor 300/4.5 Exakta (external) - best Telemegor ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these, and I really like it. I would use it a lot more if it weren't so enormous and heavy.

If you're a fan of Meyer bokeh, the 300 4.5 Telemegor is great for that, even at smaller apertures. I don't remember exactly how many blades the iris has, but I think it's >20.

I've gotten images that are sharper and technically better with newer 300s, but none of them can match the overall aesthetic of this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
I have one of these, and I really like it. I would use it a lot more if it weren't so enormous and heavy.

If you're a fan of Meyer bokeh, the 300 4.5 Telemegor is great for that, even at smaller apertures. I don't remember exactly how many blades the iris has, but I think it's >20.

I've gotten images that are sharper and technically better with newer 300s, but none of them can match the overall aesthetic of this lens.

Thank you for that information!

stevemark wrote:

To late for tests today, and a snowstorm looming - I'll have to wait ...

S

And there's another problem - the Telemegor 4.5/300mm has an Exakta bayonet, but it's the "Exterior Exakta bayonet" ... Right now I don't know yet how to adapt, and I'm stuck with "freelensing" ...

S