Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Telemegor 180/5.5 (M42, most probably 1946-52)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Meyer Telemegor 180/5.5 (M42, most probably 1946-52) Reply with quote

Having eyes, nose and fingers everywhere Very Happy I bought this little big guy on Ebay in apparently very fresh auction via "Buy now". The prize was €79 with fairly low postage to my country, which is still less than for many common postwar Telemegors being recently auctioned so I didn't hesitate. Wasn't exactly happy with myself a couple of minutes later, though Smile

Then I opened my Meyer "mantra" - some originally German PDF-ized piece of text vaguely translated to my language - realizing it's kind of prewar/postwar hybrid of rather limited production. Hope it should be coated already, does anyone experienced this lens? I had shitloads of Telemegors in the hands already but no one have let me down significantly yet.

I also found real prewar one on a local market, still considering my move. That one, I suspect, would really be collectors item only for lack of coating, but I may be wrong as always Laughing Those prewars look GREAT and cost adequately so on Ebay already: mint Telemegor 15cm (probably late 30s) was sold for €180 last week.

Marek