Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Primotar 135/3.5 test shots - ring bokeh attempts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Meyer Primotar 135/3.5 test shots - ring bokeh attempts Reply with quote

I took a gamble on this lens, in horrible cosmetic condition but optically turned out OK. I've lusted after the Trioplan ring bokeh for a while now, the Primotar seems a cheaper way to a similar look.

These are not asthetic shots, purely test shots in search of rings. Took these a couple of weeks ago, we had sunny dry weather but the flowers weren't up yet. This week it has rained so the flowers are up but no harsh light, c'est la vie!

The basic trick seems to be finding a background with bright highlights. Easiest on a sunny day.

All samples wide open. The ring bokeh is still there stopped down but you need more separation between the subject and your background highlights. Sharpness is IMHO "good enough", especially for the flower shots I have in mind.

The MFD is 1.6m, I need to find some cheap Exakta or NEX macro rings, the quest for gear never ends Rolling Eyes

1) A vehicle provides lots of highlights

2) used a spray bottle to mist the leaves of a cedar trees with water droplets

3) water droplets on the grass in the background. The spray bottle would have taken forever so I used the hose.

4) One of the screen screen windows of my porch was in direct sunlight. I splashed water onto the screen, some water stays trapped in the mesh.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's the beautiful rings you're after, you've got it!

I too have lusted after a Trioplan for the same reasons, nice to see you've found a cheaper alternative.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot at MFD. Tulips are big, they make better subjects then smaller blossoms for this lens (at least until I get some macro tubes).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fuzzywuzzy, Hope you don't mind, I apologize if so.Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Hi fuzzywuzzy, Hope you don't mind, I apologize if so.

Not at all, I'm here to learn as much as anything and appreciate a fresh perspective.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The samples are great! I agree this is one of the substitute of the Trioplan which I regret sold mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

German lenses.............. Shocked

I need to buy some. Cool Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite different and awesome in its own way.
I can hear camera club judges grimacing at these ring highlights - hahaha.
German lenses - agreed!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy... Different,what do you think? Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeeed!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
fuzzywuzzy... Different,what do you think? Regards

Very nice, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it,would make nice print to frame,I can send you PM with Tiff conversion and any size up to 24x30 at 300p ready for printing with no degredation of resolution.Regards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I love strange BOKEH!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the effect. Definitely has its place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful image, very well done,

Renato