Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Trioplan 100 2.8 PRAKTINA mount HOW TO CONVERT ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Meyer Optik Trioplan 100 2.8 PRAKTINA mount HOW TO CONVERT ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have been on this forum for a long time but this is my first thread.

I am photography / bokeh fanatic and collect rare MF lenses.
One of those I bought few days ago . It is Meyer Optik Trioplan 100 2.8 V aluminium version with 15 blade iris.
The problem is that it is in Praktina mount... rare mount different to Praktica or anything else. I would like to know is there an adapter I can buy for Canon EOS digital camera , or if there is not what would you do in my place . Lens itself has 50mm register distance (read that somewhere) and one guy made an adapter from M42 adapter and something but he wont reply my emails. Sad

So far I converted/own Rokkor 58 1.2
Helios 40-2
CZJ Flek 35 2.4

Any help with this Praktina-Eos conversion would be appreciated.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mount looks like this

and on this page is not very good explanation (or at least I am dumb ) of how to make an adapter Praktina-eos

http://forum.manualfocus.org//viewtopic.php?id=9596&p=2

mount is held in by three screws and can be cut or replaced

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell it collector and buy it with proper mount way to go and not ruin lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an option.
In m42/exa mounts costs 300-1000 dollars . I got mine for 30 euro. Conversion is possible ,just need to know is there an adapter or easier way .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there was a praktina to m42 adapter, but good luck finding one these days.

What you might do is look for an extension ring, bellows, or junk Praktina body to steal the mount off of, then you could perhaps epoxy this to an exakta/eos adapter. It would take some precision work and time, but it would be much easier than changing the mount on the lens, and cheaper than finding an m42 version of this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STELYA wrote:
Not an option.
In m42/exa mounts costs 300-1000 dollars . I got mine for 30 euro. Conversion is possible ,just need to know is there an adapter or easier way .

I know prices well and Praktina collectors too. 300-1000 USD is not valid. I estimate Praktina lens value around 150 USD and you can by Exakta mount one max 200 USD , M42 close there too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe in Hungary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located?
I may be able to help if shipping is not an issue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can find a junk lens with exakta mount like this

http://www.ebay.de/itm/CARL-ZEISS-TESSAR-2-8-50-mm-FUR-EXAKTA-Schnecke-defekt-/190719569874?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive&hash=item2c67c5afd2

and add a few spacers or washers.....

but as others have said it best to sell and replace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An exakta mount wouldn't help any. There'd be no good way to swap the lens mounts out. Plus it would be foolish to do something like that to a lens that has a large collector value vs. user value.

Looking at the link for the guy who made his own praktina adapter, it looks like he made it basically the way I suggested to do it, except that he used screws instead of epoxy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try with extension ring and screw it to m42 eos adapter and see what happens,
EOS is 44.5mm I think and Praktina is 50mm so should just extension tube be cut to 5.5 or 6mm or the whole rig with tubes and m42 adapter should be that thick ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole rig should be that thick, if I'm reading it correctly.
The problem is to be certain of exactly where the measurement is being taken.
I believe the Praktina mount distance is measured from the "flat" at the base of the lens, but I could be wrong.

There really is no substitute for trials and hand-fitting with this sort of thing. Be prepared to grind off more material if you can't get infinity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praktinafan sell this adapter - could be an easy option without harming the lens:
http://praktina.info/Praktina/Praktina-EOS-Adapter.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, havent seen that page... thanks
Could someone explain what is the black middle layer in adapter ? cant seem to figure out, I thought there are only two parts in whole rig...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this black is from the EF adapter part which is blackend.
It seems that he screws two parts togehter after some machining. The chrome Practina ~ macro M42 or such adapter, and probably a M42 to EF adapter which is normaly full black, but after machining partly "chrome".

Not sure about infinity with this setup.
I use my M42 Trioplan most times most times with near objects with 1 meter distance or less.
Here in Germany Trioplan 100mm/2.8 M42 Ebay prices are ~ 170 Euro at the moment (not collector quality).