Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Openar 80mm f2.8 C mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Meopta Openar 80mm f2.8 C mount Reply with quote

I willing to sell this lens on behalf to my friend, but I will try it first Wink

Any experience ? Opinion ?

Processed samples are here!
http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-openar-80mm-sony-nex-3-t44971.html

Click on each images to get higher resolution!

Last edited by Attila on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unprocessed samples , camera is Sony NEX-3 , exposure compensation sometimes -0,7 I did forget to reset it. ISO from 200 to 1600
weather was crap , no good lights at all , some animals like lizzard, lion behind glass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple one click fix on all images auto contrast, color you can do it even in batch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colours are excellent and sharpness and contrast are good, seems like a nice little lens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens was loan from my friend, he did sell it. I was lucky I found one to myself , so little and I like it's performance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like those Openars and have serviced the 20mm and 40mm.
Besides the attractive image characteristics, the other amazing part is the practically
weightless aluminium housing and rings. The assembled lens has good weight and is sturdy and robust feeling,
but when disassembled that thickly knurled focus ring is super light.

Were any of those photos shot thru a glass enclosure?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekoe wrote:
Were any of those photos shot thru a glass enclosure?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a lot of purple fringing in 3 and 4, but I don't know how much of that is the glass enclosure vs. the lens. Or perhaps it's a UV lamp, which would make sense for the reptiles.
I was also wondering what is going on in the background of 6, where a ripple-like pattern appears in two areas in the OOF areas around the macaw, above and to the left. I wondered if that was due to shooting through a pane of glass or perspex.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a neat little lens Wink This lens can make good results. Easy operating, decent IQ and small housing make this lens a interesting piece Very Happy