Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Meogon 60/5.6 M39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Meopta Meogon 60/5.6 M39 Reply with quote

Some macro photographers use meopta lenses (belars, anarets, meogons...) on bellows and their results are superb. I discovered that a Meogon lens, which I bought together with some M42 lenses, has M39 screw-mount and is adaptable directly to my SD14. I have not macro bellow, but I discovered, that the lens can reach infinity (it focuses beyond infinity). The lens has iris, but not focusing helicoid, so rotating the lens in the M39 screw is the only way to focus. Because this lens is a bit slow, it is not easy to find the right point.

Here is a sample at f/8 - RAW conversion, zero sharpening - still very SHARP Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a good result! I use enlarger lenses quite often and have even a special ultra slim M42 helicoid developed for that (expensive!!) to allow for infinity focus.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow -- the result is amazing !

tf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meopta Meogon is one of the bests enlarger lenses ever ! I also use enlarger lenses such as Rodenstock Rodagon , El-Nikkor , Schneider Componar , and ... Industar-23 110mm . On Bellows or Pentax helical mount . results are always excellent ..., especially with the Rodagon 5,6/80mm .
Meopta is an excellent optic maker ! I use a Meopta spotting scope in my shooter's activity , and I never saw recent chinese products which are so good ....
I'm dreaming ... Why Meopta never made interchangeable lenses ?
Keep it forever ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X, nice lens. I got to commend you on your focus/resolution tests, using that warehouse with its metal panels and billboards with print and adjacent streetlamps, is just the best way to demonstrate/test your lenses. Hats of to you! Beats the hell out of those boring graphs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, CA is more important than sharpness and MTF says nothing about CA. One shot from balcony helps me to test infinity focus, overal sharpness and CA. This prevents me to ruin all exposures by taking deffective lens to nature and test it by common usage.

This is what I mean... nice 24/2.5... or this 35/2.8... or 50/1.8 with tilt-shift effect for free Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Meopta Meogon is one of the bests enlarger lenses ever ! I also use enlarger lenses such as Rodenstock Rodagon , El-Nikkor , Schneider Componar , and ... Industar-23 110mm . On Bellows or Pentax helical mount . results are always excellent ..., especially with the Rodagon 5,6/80mm .
Meopta is an excellent optic maker ! I use a Meopta spotting scope in my shooter's activity , and I never saw recent chinese products which are so good ....
I'm dreaming ... Why Meopta never made interchangeable lenses ?
Keep it forever ! Very Happy

I would certainly agree to disagree (it won't beat a Zeiss S-Orthoplanar 4/60mm for sure, maybe not even the S-Planar 4/60mm) - but for its price range it might well be. I got me one also and we'll see soon...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , Klaus , not the absolute best enlarger lens , but in the top 5 in his class ... Very Happy . The two Zeiss you mention are in the "over $1000" class .... Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I only mentioned that, since you made an "absolute" statement...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lens no-X
cost of this lens was the same as rodagon 50:2.8, componon-s 50:2.8 and El-Nikkor 50:2.8
I tried a 50:2.8 but for me it was not up the level of rodagon