Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mdbattery ebay seller -AVOID
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: mdbattery ebay seller -AVOID Reply with quote

I've just had a really rough experience with this seller in Las Vegas.
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mdbattery

I wanted to buy a quantity of 3 different batteries, so I wrote for a quote for combined postage to UK. The answer came back $14. So I bought the batteries on BIN and went to the checkout, added the $14 and paid. I received the receipt from Paypal and the seller, and he gave me positive feedback for all three items.

When the package arrived, one of the three orders was missing but the seller refused to accept it. When I started a PayPal dispute he lodged an Unpaid Item Strike against me and said he would lift it if I gave him + feedback! I escalated the dispute to a claim, and won my $7.95 back but not the postage, and Ebay removed the Strike against me. Now I've received another invoice from him with $22 postage! I've reported him and Ebay have said they will warn him possibly suspend his account. He's had 8 negatives this month and maybe two more from me if I hear from him again.

Throughout all this he was extremely rude and obviously couldn't be bothered to read the messages I sent. Take my advice and buy batteries somewhere else. I eventually got the missing ones from The Small Battery Co in Wandsworth, London. Very good and very fast, and only a little more expensive.
http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/

Last edited by peterqd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your trouble! At least within a few days this post will search able by Google and I hope it help to close their nasty business.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a SPX28 battery from him just a couple of weeks ago & had no problem. I believe I've bought from him in the past as well with no issues...Just goes to show these kind of issues can appear randomly. Shame you had a problem with him & I'm glad I didn't

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I bought a SPX28 battery from him just a couple of weeks ago & had no problem. I believe I've bought from him in the past as well with no issues...Just goes to show these kind of issues can appear randomly. Shame you had a problem with him & I'm glad I didn't

In my experience volume sellers, like RockyCamera, Roxsen has fine service if no problem.. they refuse any problem handling I suppose this happen here too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the other two items were no problem at all. He has a score of over 40,000 so a few reds aren't going to affect him too much. He was fine in his first mail quoting the postage, but when I mailed to say one item was missing he got really unfriendly. All he had to do was pop it in the mail and swallow the postage as his mistake, but now he's being investigated by Ebay, all for a $8 pack of batteries. I'm not the only one by the way, all his neg feedbacks sound as though they had the same experience.

What a plonker!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:

I also have bought from this guy more than once with out an issue.
Sometimes luck just isnt with you on ebay. I have a small issue pending as i write this. Confused