Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Focus wedding ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my 'Wedding Camera' for many years since late 1980's and I had no trouble with 'manual Focus' as that is all I ever had!

Rollei 2.8F Planar by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember times, where you had no other choice shooting with MF glasses! Friends

I was using for it an ROLLEIFLEX SL66, an 6x6 WIESE PENTASIX 636, and a CONTAX 645 AF! NO SWEAT!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a strange read for an old medium format wedding "photographer".
The waist level finder and it's magnifier were sufficiently fast enough for me, and I did not waste much film with OOF shots.

An old pro told me to use enough flash~ following that advice sure saved me a lot of grief.

Sorry to resurrect something this old- I was actually in here looking for something else Wink

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooting a wedding with MF is a great learning exercise - especially at f1.4. Whether or not your customers want to be guinea-pigs is another question! Looks like you did great though.