Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya-Sekor 55mm f/2 (PICS)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Mamiya-Sekor 55mm f/2 (PICS) Reply with quote

I have had this lens on my shelf for years. These are my first digital samples.

Everything shot @ f/2

crop from center

HERES THE LENS

Last edited by spiralcity on Thu May 28, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors. My favorite is No. 2. Did you use the Pentax K20D ?

Rolf

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Great colors. My favorite is No. 2. Did you use the Pentax K20D ?

Rolf

Shot on my Pentax. I used a short extension tube to get a bit closer.
The minimum focus distance on this lens is about 1 3/4 feet.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I had a discussion with my local cam and lens supplier. I could buy a Demo Pentax K200D for a very good price. He bought the last 10 or 20 units at Pentax here on the German market before Pentax will ship the new version.

So I´m looking for a cam with internal stabiliser to use with my MF lenses. My hands jitter more than 20 years ago.

Rolf

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Today I had a discussion with my local cam and lens supplier. I could buy a Demo Pentax K200D for a very good price. He bought the last 10 or 20 units at Pentax here on the German market before Pentax will ship the new version.

So I´m looking for a cam with internal stabiliser to use with my MF lenses. My hands jitter more than 20 years ago.

Rolf

I'm very pleased with my Pentax. It handles M42 lenses like a dream. Alex is selling some nice adaptors with an inner flange so you dont need to worry about having an Auto/manual switch on your lenses. I can use my Fujinons fairly easy now.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think I will do it. It seems the best option. The Oly´s I believe have crop factor 2 and the Pana G1 also. They changed the focal length of my old lenses to much.

Rolf

BTW - Who is Alex ?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Yes, I think I will do it. It seems the best option. The Oly´s I believe have crop factor 2 and the Pana G1 also. They changed the focal length of my old lenses to much.

Rolf

BTW - Who is Alex ?

Alex is a member of this site, and he is also our camera gear dealer from China I believe.

He sells in bulk at very good prices. He also will sell individual items. Mostly adaptor, lens caps, and things of that nature.

If you need anything of that nature you can find it here through Alex.
This is his site name hk300

He also makes special adaptors depending on the request.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colours in #1 & #2.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was a TL lens.

The 55/1,4 was made by tomioka (really?)

The teles for the TL were made by tokina for mamiya (except perhaps the macro 60). In this way the 85, 100, 105, 135, 200 etc.

And the F/1,8 and F/2 normals versions? Both for the TLs. who did these lenses? Who knows?

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know a difference of quality between the Mamiya-Sekor 55mm f/2 and the Mamiya-Sekor 50mm f/2 ?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
this was a TL lens.

The 55/1,4 was made by tomioka (really?)

The teles for the TL were made by tokina for mamiya (except perhaps the macro 60). In this way the 85, 100, 105, 135, 200 etc.

And the F/1,8 and F/2 normals versions? Both for the TLs. who did these lenses? Who knows?

Rino.

I've seen a lot of debate over who made the Mamiya's. I'll reserve my opinion and wait for some real proof.

Last edited by spiralcity on Fri May 29, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !

Spiralcity, this lens is very sharp.
Nice flower shots.

Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
WOW !

Spiralcity, this lens is very sharp.
Nice flower shots.

Smile

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for looking. Very Happy

Yes, this is a fairly decent lens. I was surprised by the results.