Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro test....Vivitar 90mm 2.8 macro (Kiron)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Macro test....Vivitar 90mm 2.8 macro (Kiron) Reply with quote

haven't really had the chance to test it before today, but seeing as the weather was so nice, myself and my 3 yr old son went on a bug hunt in the garden!

At the moment my macro skills are shocking, really need to get a steadier hand to up the sharpness! I could also do to get a flash rig set up as even though it was a nice sunny day, flash defintaely would have been beneficial!

All taken at 1:1;

glorious bokeh!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile Not much wrong with the focus there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Martyn....i'm a bit of a perfectionist though (and my own harshest critic) and always feel I could do better!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
glorious bokeh!

It certainly is!

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more testing done, this time with flash....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens justifiably commands quite a premium. Very nice samples

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
This lens justifiably commands quite a premium.

It does? My M42 copy cost US$3 on eBay, shipped. OK, everybody can hate me now. The knurled rubber focusing ring was disintegrating, so I removed the remains and wrapped that area with... duct tape. Looks funky, works fine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Hooper. Keep it up! Is your 90 macro a Series 1, or just a "regular" Vivitar? Does it get down to 1:1 without a tube or TC? I have trouble keeping track of them all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just the regular vivitar Michael, but unlike the series 1 it goes to.1:1 without the need for an adapter. The series.1 or the bokina are top of my wish list but go for silly money over here from what I have seen!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed the yard appears to be crawling with critters most of the time, but as soon as you arrive with anything macro on you're camera and they go all camera shy on you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironfan wrote:
Has anyone noticed the yard appears to be crawling with critters most of the time, but as soon as you arrive with anything macro on you're camera and they go all camera shy on you.

I find the wind starts blowing when the you try to take macros of flowers Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
It's just the regular vivitar Michael, but unlike the series 1 it goes to.1:1 without the need for an adapter. The series.1 or the bokina are top of my wish list but go for silly money over here from what I have seen!

Very nice results.

Only 90mm 2.8 1:1 I know, is Komine made, not Kiron.
What's its SN starting with?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironfan and mo -- too true!

I find it especially annoying when I drag out my bellows rig with macro lens so I can do some really high magnification work, only to realize that these slight gust of wind that you would otherwise not even notice are enough to make the high-magnification macro shots absolutely impossible.

Same's true with a bug when you find it. They don't stay still! I gotta wonder if some of these great shots have been staged with dead bugs placed on flowers, etc. Believe me, I've been tempted to try this. If only I could find a few dead bugs . . .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasan wrote:
Hooper wrote:

Very nice results.

Only 90mm 2.8 1:1 I know, is Komine made, not Kiron.
What's its SN starting with?

My mistake and you are quite correct! Its #28 so is komine, and I always knew that so no idea why I wrote kiron!