Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive !!!
Congrats. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome rbreznik Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Very Happy At frog photo is just natural light, bumblebee have a little bit off fill flash. I think both were taken with e-500 oly.
I have much more macro shots from this zuiko 1.8. But now when i've got 50mm 1.4, I am looking forward to see if is any sharper at f8 and below. We must wait for spring and new bugs Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K., one of mine than.

Pentax k20d with the Tair-11-2 2.8/133 with two extensiontubes at iso 200, f11 and 1/45s.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presenta 24mm M42 Reversed with extesion tubes - Sony a3000

its a very nice lens for macro. I've been using a lot lately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jonas.
Welcome here.
Thank you for sharing.

Your Flickr pictures are great with nice composition, sharpness and beautiful colours.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spider picture, this one taken with a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 on a Nikon D5200 -- a wonderful light combo. This was in a meadow high in the Wild Sky Wilderness of Washington state. I was photographing flowers, then saw that this bee wasn't moving.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Another spider picture, this one taken with a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 on a Nikon D5200 -- a wonderful light combo. This was in a meadow high in the Wild Sky Wilderness of Washington state. I was photographing flowers, then saw that this bee wasn't moving.

Superb gaeger. Congratulations on spotting the shot Like 1 .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shot. Congrats Gaeger.
At first glance we see the bee and only after the spider.

What is the minimum focusing distance of the micro-nikkor 2.8/55mm ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

At first glance we see the bee and only after the spider.

That's exactly how it sunk in with me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanl you for the comments. Close focus is about 10 inches for maximu. magnification of 1:2.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is with a Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f4 AIS and a Vivitar macro teleconverter on a Nikon D600. F5.6, 1/500th sec., ISO 1600. Taken at Ward Lake, near Ketchikan, Alaska.

More images with this teleconverter:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=95903184%40N00&sort=date-taken-desc&text=vivitar%20macro&view_all=1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice picture Gil.
I think this optical combo has lower image quality (quite normal isn't it).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I think this optical combo has lower image quality (quite normal isn't it).

The Vivitar macro teleconverter was specificially designed to convert 50mm "normal lenses" into 100mm macro ones up to 1:1 and delivers in this combination really excellent results.

IMHO in combination with a zoom lens the result must be worse. However, the shown example is still very nice and more than usable as well.

I've done a lot with this vivitar macro converter and 50mm lenses in the past, primarily on film SLRs. The positive side effect is the better DOF of the 50mm lens when compared to a real 100mm macro lens, however, the magnification is the same.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
However, the shown example is still very nice and more than usable as well.

Absolutely Thomas. Smile