Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42's to C/Y
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: M42's to C/Y Reply with quote

Hello lens friends ! Very Happy

I like my CZJ Sonnar so much, even if i plan to buy the MM one , but later. I'd like to use it on my RX camera and know if there's no troubles with the M42 adapter. thanx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a good adapter you will have no trouble at all.
Like the Pentax K system. Yashica Bayonet was designed with M42 lens adaptability in mind. The best adapters were from Yashica/Contax but, you can get a good Chinese version that will find infinity and line up the lens so you can see the FL scale and aperture index.
I have yet to find any adapter that lines up the index mark at exactly 12:00. I suppose this is the norm.
Be aware that there are two different types of adapters (as with m42-eos). One with auto aperture pin pushing flange another, without it.

Cheers
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

I have yet to find any adapter that lines up the index mark at exactly 12:00. I suppose this is the norm.
Cheers
Andy

Yes, this is the holy grail of M42 adapters. Very hard to find one. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great infos thanx F16 Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: M42's to C/Y Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Hello lens friends ! Very Happy

I like my CZJ Sonnar so much, even if i plan to buy the MM one , but later. I'd like to use it on my RX camera and know if there's no troubles with the M42 adapter. thanx

Which CZJ Sonnar do you have?...I have the P6 mount "zebra" finish 180mm f2.8 "Olympic" Sonnar which came with a matching zebra finish P6-M42 adapter. I did'nt like that adapter though so I bought a cheap generic P6-M42 adapter on ebay which I prefer.
I have'nt seen any P6-C/Y adapters about but I must admit I have'nt been looking for one so there is a chance they might be out there somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have the "simple" CZJ Sonnar MC 3.5 135mm lens Cool