Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 to SonyAF/Sigma/FourThirds adapters with inner flange
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: M42 to SonyAF/Sigma/FourThirds adapters with inner flange Reply with quote

Just wanted to give an update on a new project.

I received a few pm from members to develop some M42 adapters will an extra inner flange / ring for lenses with autopin.

I currently have the following adapters almost ready:

1. M42 to FourThirds with inner flange

2. M42 to Sigma with inner flange

3. M42 to Sony with inner flange

Are there anyone who want to double confirm the fitment of the M42 to Sony with flange adapter? Please pm me. Only postage need to be paid.

Last edited by hk300 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to pester you... but I actually do mean to pester you... I am still waiting for that inner flanged M42->PK adapter!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I don't mean to pester you... but I actually do mean to pester you... I am still waiting for that inner flanged M42->PK adapter!!

LOL ... i was going to post that in a different thread.
see here M42 to PK adapter with inner flange

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent, I'm really interested as I have some auto only lenses I'd love to try out without taking apart first Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PK adaptor please. I left a PM for you on this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: M42 to SonyAF/Sigma/FourThirds adapters with inner flang Reply with quote

Not too sure how lenses with flange looks like. Is it the lense with M/F siwtches? Do you have a photo of those type of lens?

hk300 wrote:
Just wanted to give an update on a new project.

I received a few pm from members to develop some M42 adapters will an extra inner flange / ring for lenses with autopin.

I currently have the following adapters almost ready:

1. M42 to FourThirds with inner flange

2. M42 to Sigma with inner flange

3. M42 to Sony with inner flange

Are there anyone who want to double confirm the fitment of the M42 to Sony with flange adapter? Please pm me. Only postage need to be paid.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "flange" is raised metal on top of the flat mount, there to keep the aperture pin pressed in, and therefore make auto only lenses functional.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The "flange" is raised metal on top of the flat mount, there to keep the aperture pin pressed in, and therefore make auto only lenses functional

Can the adaptor incorporate a linkage to operate the pin and make the Auto M42 lens Auto?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphan wrote:
Quote:
The "flange" is raised metal on top of the flat mount, there to keep the aperture pin pressed in, and therefore make auto only lenses functional

Can the adaptor incorporate a linkage to operate the pin and make the Auto M42 lens Auto?

Never heard of such thing with any tyoe of adapters. Lens can be rotated by (i) in body motor (ii) in lens motor (iii) hand. The best an adaptor can do is give you a focus confirmation sign.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Never heard of such thing with any tyoe of adapters. Lens can be rotated by (i) in body motor (ii) in lens motor (iii) hand. The best an adaptor can do is give you a focus confirmation sign

I mean to operate the Aperture, not the AF.

Last edited by Alphan on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted. Double post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphan wrote:

I mean to operate the Aperture, not the AF.

I guess it depends on what camera/system you are using. I am not familiar with Sigma or 4/3 so I can't comment on those. If you are using Minolta/Sony, you will get auto aperture if you turn to "A" priority.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are using Minolta/Sony, you will get auto aperture if you turn to "A" priority.

You mean my Sony A200 can operate the aperture if switched to A priority?

*Sorry for the late post. Just got back (from outstation) yesterday and been lost touch with this site*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphan wrote:
Quote:
If you are using Minolta/Sony, you will get auto aperture if you turn to "A" priority.

You mean my Sony A200 can operate the aperture if switched to A priority?

By turning to A priority, you set your aperture through your manual lens but your camera will automatically set the corresponding speed for you. This mean the camera can meter in A priority mode.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphan wrote:

I believe you meant the linkage that can be found in old M42 camera body. I don't think it can be done in the adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Adapter for M42 lens onto Olympus 4/3 (e.g., E-620) camera Reply with quote

Looking for an adapter for M42 lens to allow mounting on Olympus 4/3 camera. I want one that has an inner flange that presses the diaphragm pin on the M42 lens. One was pictured on MFLenses in 2008 from hk300, but it appears that user is gone from MFLenses. Anyone know where to get one of these today? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can test on sony a700 have several autolenses . There is alreafy a flange adaptor on the market let me know if you want me to test more than happy to pay postage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Adapter for M42 lens onto Olympus 4/3 (e.g., E-620) came Reply with quote

Ebay is your friend.. I got an excellent one from here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320705522946?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2201wt_1344

He does them for m4/3 and classic 4/3

He was fast to send it too!

Smile

Doug

kid_owens@yahoo.com wrote:
Looking for an adapter for M42 lens to allow mounting on Olympus 4/3 camera. I want one that has an inner flange that presses the diaphragm pin on the M42 lens. One was pictured on MFLenses in 2008 from hk300, but it appears that user is gone from MFLenses. Anyone know where to get one of these today? Thanks!