Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 to Oly OM adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: M42 to Oly OM adapter Reply with quote

Does such a beast exist? Cannot find one on the bay for sale and I would dearly like to have one just to use some M42 lenses on my Om2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register distance of OM mount is 46mm and of M42 45,46mm, or in other words if there was an adapter, I have never heard of any, it would need optics for the lens to reach infinity focus.
However OM and Pentax K bayonets are rather similar and some people have adapted their OM lenses to Pentax bodies by filing down the mounts a bit. That is I can imagine that it might be possible to mount a M42 lens on an OM body using a M42>K adapter filed down to fit, without further adjustment the lens would not quite reach infinity

Last edited by kuuan on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one with optics. The register distance of OM bayonet is too long to achieve infinity with M42 lenses so the additional lens is needed, however the drop in image quality is visible. Not worth consideration unless you have some really special M42 lenses like 75/1.5 biotar etc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fella's