Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 to Nikon Adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: M42 to Nikon Adapter? Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a good supplier of M42 lens to Nikon (D200) camera adapter with the corrective glass for infinity focus.

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw excellent KOD adapter here I hope owner will answer to you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used B&H sold Bower infinity adapter on D3, I find the results very pleasing. This set has original size samples including ones taken with a mechanical adapter (no infinity focus) for comparison. Photos are tagged with lens and exposure data

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/sets/72157607140210153/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I¨m brand new user of this forum, so this is my very first attempt. I would like to follow this discussion. I have a pair of CZJ lens and would like to screw them to Nikon D60. Any links for adapter available?

Many thanks

Milan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Milan!

Plenty of seller available on Ebay.

Here one of them...

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several that can be found on eBay, just be sure it has the corrective glass....That said, I have found that even with the corrective glass models, there are discrepancies. Some lenses focus to infinity just fine with them, others stop just short of infinity & yet others focus past infinity...Antone else experience this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've had as well M42 lenses that with a glass adapter focused beyond infinity, one lens was not able to reach infinity. Same adapter used with all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happens with M42 lenses of different makes on M42 cameras, so it may not necessarily be the adapter at fault.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also had Nikkor lenses that when mounted on Nikon F-mount bodies go beyond infinity on manual focus. My 24-70/2.8G AF-S is one of those, and it does not affect the accuracy of the autofocus.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Many thanks for advice, I have found several of these on ebay and internet for sale, but the question is, does anybody have one which is focusing to infinity? I will appretiate the recomendation.
I have CZJ pancolar 1,8 50 mm, and Pentacon 2,8 135mm and looking for a pancolar 1,8 80 mm. Do You thing, one adapter could assure the infinity focusing on all of these lens or it is highly individual?

Thank You

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi once again, I have just found a Pancolar 1,8 80 mm for sale-really bargain. But it is Praktica B mount. What does it mean? It is not M42? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milanos wrote:
Hi once again, I have just found a Pancolar 1,8 80 mm for sale-really bargain. But it is Praktica B mount. What does it mean? It is not M42? Thanks

Yes, it is NOT m42 , bayonet mount in own format. You can use this lens on Canon and Olympus DSLR cameras with adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milanos wrote:
I have a pair of CZJ lens and would like to screw them to Nikon D60. Any links for adapter available?

http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter-37a-first-outing-t9430.html

This link illustrates the use of the Kood M42-Nikon adapter for mounting the Jupiter 37a on a Nikon D40x. I have had similar success (or lack of it !) with a variety of other Russian M42 lenses and with the CZJ 3.5/135 and 2.4/35.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milanos wrote:
Hello Many thanks for advice, I have found several of these on ebay and internet for sale, but the question is, does anybody have one which is focusing to infinity?

I have the Bower M42 to Nikon infinity focus adapter that B&H Photo Video sells. Every M42 lens that I can attach to it focuses to infinity on my Nikon bodies. Only incompatibility found so far is my older design Biotar 58/2 T, it has a protruding rear element that does not fit the adapter.

Every other M42 lens I've tried has worked like a charm with this adapter.
See samples in original size here, M42 lenses on Nikon D3: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/sets/72157607140210153/

Last edited by Esox lucius on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Thanks a lot I will try to get one from my D60 body.
So the praktica B mount means no chance to nikon body right even I will make custom reduction or so?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to make surgery on lens and no guarantee for success. Very stupid to make permanent damage on a lens to use not suitable body. Rather buy a used Olympus body on low cost or Canon EOS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will never do a surgery on lens. Rather will try to change for M42 type with somebody or sell it.