Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 Bessaflex Disaster : Please Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: M42 Bessaflex Disaster : Please Help Reply with quote

I'm a rangefinder guy. Through and though. BUT I have ONE SLR lens that I absolutely love. The Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58mm F2.
Up to now I used it with an Edixa Reflex where it worked fine. Edixa being Edixa however came with it's little annoying quirks which eventually lead me to sell it. I needed a replacement body for my Biotar. I decided on a BESSAFLEX, which isn't the cheapest option, especially when I only really needed it for ONE lens. So I did buy one. It arrived today. And the mirror is hitting the back of the Biotar.
Is there any way around this?? Or do I have to give up the Bessaflex in favour of something with a bit more room?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Some people shave the mirror (sand parts of it off), but that is a tricky thing to do. No idea otherwise.

It's a know problem, and here are discussions about that, also that there is a (rare) BIOTAR that does fit it!
https://www.flickr.com/groups/99991712@N00/discuss/72157604953624536/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks...
Especially that the Biotar I have is absolutely mint. I found the newer version of Biotar (with the pin) for about $150:

It looks like it would fit? It doesn't seem to have anything protruding out of the back..