Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M32 lenses for KIEV 16U can it be used on mirrorless?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: M32 lenses for KIEV 16U can it be used on mirrorless? Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, but I've been trying C-mount lenses on my EVILs and the results are disappointing (for me), the ones I got have a brutal vignetting, leaving just the picture in a circle in the center of the frame.
This small lenses might well produce the same result.
On the other hand, I've never seen M32 adapters available...
The only way: to try.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 25mm c-mount lens, it has strong vignete on NEX. I think 35mm is the limit of c mount lens to eliminate vignete. But this isn't c-mount right?
If it's on local and cheap I will grab it Very Happy, Russia/Ukraine take at least a month shipment to my place. I'll forget it that time LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you will not be able to mount it without an adapter
the 50mm lens may have the coverage - other 2 are too wide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to make an adapter yourself? Possibly glue to a c mount adapter?

Vignetting on the wider lenses may be bad for still shots, but on a Panny, then cine would be OK. Panasonic=panny

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Still no solution??? Reply with quote

I am surprised no one figured a solution out by now.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Still no solution??? Reply with quote

RDM wrote:
I am surprised no one figured a solution out by now.

so what would yours be?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a newly made adapter from RafCamera that will allow you to mount Kiev-16U M32 lenses on any MFT camera.

Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by Kent106 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vignetting is strong as I would have expected from a lens designed to cover a 16mm film frame. Hardly worth it. Nice looking lenses though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for updates.. better avoid it LOL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry guys, I didn't know you were't aware of the BM Pocket Camera and Digital Bolex, both with (s)16mm sized sensor, where these lenses can prove very useful.

As always with wide angle lenses, the image circle may not cover the whole sensor, so you'd get a bit of vignette from the 12/2 (MIR-11M), but the 20/2 (VEGA7-1) and the 50/2 (TAIR-41M) should be alright.

So, yes, avoid them and leave them all to me.. Wink