Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lumax Gold Star (Sankor) 3.5/28 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Lumax Gold Star (Sankor) 3.5/28 on NEX-3 Reply with quote

This is a tiny lens in T-mount. Surprisingly sharp even wide open.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never underestimate a Sankor! Wink
Sankors are good value lenses with nice looks and excellent mechanics.
My all time favorite is the 105mm f/2.5, fantastic IQ and Bokeh, a must have lens IMHO.

Do you have a picture of this lens? Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 2.5/105, this lens has the same styling. I will take a picture of it for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This is a tiny lens in T-mount. Surprisingly sharp even wide open.

Hello Ian,

I found a neat little Sankor labeled preset T2 lens 28mm/3.5, but a former owner had apparently lubticated the focusing helical. And remounted the lens wrong; aperture indicator is 90° off. I was curious if it was worth the energy and patience (!) to get it OK again and found your thread. But without any of the pictures. A pity. Disappeared in the latest crash?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, was looking at.a 135mm Lumax earlier on eBay vintage lenses, had no knowledge of this brand before this morning, now 2 hits in 2 hours!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've replaced the pics.

I'd say this is a lens worth fixing, it's plenty sharp enough, images have dimensionality, overall, a very good lens imho.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I see that I'll have to do my best in fixing (however it can be used as it is).
Nice little thing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, I love that difficult to describe "classic look".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, glad to help.

It's a fairly common lens, seen in very many brands, worth grabbing if you see one as it's always very cheap.