Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for my style
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Looking for my style Reply with quote

Hi all,
below two shots that I want you to pick one.
This post has two parts.. First allow everyone to pick one and after we have some replies, I will write back regarding my loneliness trip to find my style.

To start with just pick one.
A or B?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose B.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. due tree and pose both.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose A due to crop and composition.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the answer.
Especially bhargav,
what did you like about my first crop?? I also like it but everyone says..sorry no.. it is B Sad

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not going to get a definitive answer as neither is the best photo. Both are good, use your own judgement. It is art, you are the artist. You make images to please yourself. Some will like them, some won't. Put just one picture in the appropriate gallery and see what the comments are. 2 or more images just confuses.

You are a good photographer Alex, know it and make your own decisions.

To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln: You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time. Remember it.

I see some beautiful images on this forum taken with exotic and expensive equipment, but they can be awfully formulaic and samey. Yours have an individuality about them, this is your style. Don't ask me to explain - because I can't. Just know you have it.
Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alaios wrote:
Hi thanks for the answer.
Especially bhargav,
what did you like about my first crop?? I also like it but everyone says..sorry no.. it is B Sad

Regards
Alex

It is indeed hard to explain. For me, the tighter crop works better for the subject as it emphasises it better. I don't want to see the floor in B. Also the plant on top, although can be a distraction to some, works for me. Hope this explains!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photos always carries your style.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both nice captures but I prefer A, and I think I might like it even better if the tree were cropped out. For me, it distracts from the woman. In A, the tilt of the head and the posture are just slightly different and it makes a difference. She looks like she is contemplating her pregnant belly and the child within. In B, her gaze is more downward than outward and there's the appearance of a bit of tension in her neck. In the first she looks more relaxed and contemplative.

I have seen many of your photos on the forum and I enjoy your "style" very much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer B. I find the tree in A distracting, and I'm not a fan of the crop in A. B seems to be more elegant somehow, and I like the line along the wall as it adds some interest without getting in the way. I think I would have the subject more to the right, rather than central in the frame...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback I got.
My heart wants "A", I can see why is wrong and I would even agree why is wrong (as a composition).
But my inner me does not care about being correct. My brain respons more to the A...

Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback I got.
My heart wants "A", I can see why is wrong and I would even agree why is wrong (as a composition).
But my inner me does not care about being correct. My brain respons more to the A...

Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. I like simplistic view. The tree distracts from the main subject.