Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lonely Pass in dr5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Lonely Pass in dr5 Reply with quote

This was a stark and beautiful pass that led me into more fine alplands. I camped here for a night, and the stars were so brilliant that they actually cast a shadow.

I liked this image, as it seems to convey the sense of wonderful isolation that abounded on this trek.

Notice that with the larger lenses, even at f:8, the depth of field is accordingly shallow. However, the dr5 process coupled with the TXP (Tri-X), pulled some nice tones out of the fog.

RB67 Pro-S
Sekor 65mm lens
TXP 320
f:8 @ 1/60th

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, I love your landscapes always, so this one is not an exception.
This one has a mystery feeling with the clouds behind...
Thanks for sharing!
Watching to your pictures is always a relaxing and enjoying experience.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nothing short than wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that meters.....? Wink

Nice place and a very good picture.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Larry, I love your landscapes always, so this one is not an exception.
This one has a mystery feeling with the clouds behind...
Thanks for sharing!
Watching to your pictures is always a relaxing and enjoying experience.

Jes.

Jes, I always love it when there are some mists and clouds (and that's more often the case anyway). It makes for the "mysterious" traveling that you mention, and the whole place becomes "another world". Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
It's nothing short than wonderful.

Alessandro, you have nailed it! Very Happy The whole place permeates your mind, especially after the 2nd or 3rd day out....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Is that meters.....? Wink

Nice place and a very good picture.

Henrik, no that is actually feet. So...maybe 1500 meters or so in elevation.

The Olympic Mountains are so close to the ocean, and receive so much snow and precipitation, that all the treelines are very low in elevation. Accordingly, the mountain meadows are extensive even at modest elevations. Plus, this area is pretty far north in the United States.