Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lomography 100 120 Film - Various Lenses/Cameras/Subjects
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Lomography 100 120 Film - Various Lenses/Cameras/Subjects Reply with quote

I thought I'd create a little write-up on Lomography's 100iso C-41 120 film. There's not much information on it and picture samples are typically from cameras like the holga so it's hard to get a good feel for the technical capability. I have no idea of the actual manufacturer. Lomography is just a re-brand but it's hard to say of what. Box says "Made in China" so people have guessed that Lucky makes it. The negative actually reads "Lomo" on the side so it must be specially made for them, not just re-rolled old-stock.

The reason I was attracted to it was the price. It's $11.90 for a 3-pack, which puts it about a dollar less than the next cheapest c-41 120 film (unless you buy discounted bulk deals). I didn't have good luck with the 35mm Lomography 100iso. That's supposed to be Kodak VR. Very grainy stuff. I remained hopeful about this though.

So far I'm very impressed. I got the film developed at Dwaynes. It dried super flat. I'd say the only fault I've found is the numbers/dots on the backing paper are a little tough to see through a red-window.

I had 3 rolls of it developed so I'll cherry-pick some pictures to add after I scan them. Here's the first one I did with the MC FLEK 4/50 and P6:

Last edited by themoleman342 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's impressive! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another of Stasia (sorry, got lots of those). I think with the MC Biometar 80 on the P6 this time. I'll make future updates bigger so I'm not posting individual images all the time. I'm trying to present a fairly unedited image in terms of color + grain. I'm making sure my epson v700 is getting the full range when scanning and I'm not changing it much afterwards. Just re-sizing and cropping a little.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo, no other comments? I welcome anything good or bad.

P6 and Volna 80

Lubitel 166+ (accidental double)

3 with the Flek 50

1 more with Biometar MC

[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Boo, no other comments? I welcome anything good or bad.

I'd comment again, but have nothing new to say. Smile I'll just say it again: wow! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of Kodak film. Kodak Gold 100 iso to be precise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I specially like the results with the biometar, very nice shots.

The volna 80 picture seems to lack the contrast the biometar and flek have.

Nice series. It reminds me I should take out my P6 for a walk soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all.
I noticed the Volna contrast as well. Not too sure about that one. It probably was taken at f2.8. I may not have put on a hood since that one was a really quick test shot. It's possible the lens was slightly fogged up as well since the humidity is so high here and I was stepping out from an air-conditioned house. I probably will be shooting with it more often since it was professionally serviced not too long ago.