Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Let's try to save Fuji FP-100 C instant film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Let's try to save Fuji FP-100 C instant film Reply with quote

Here is a link to sign an online petition to try to make Fuji continue the FP-100 C instant film production.

https://www.change.org/p/save-instant-film?recruiter=64980890&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Please feel free to sign it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I signed it some time back. They send me regular updates but it does not sound promising. I have quite a few cameras that use the pack film and this is quite a loss. Looks like we will be moving to Instax as that should be in production for a long time.
Pete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done and shared

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I use pack films in a Mamiya Press with a polaroid 100 back.
It sure is a loss. Instax wide exists but optic design can't compete with the Mamiya Sekors of the Mamiya Press.

I saw that there is a way to use instax wide film in a polaroid back, but it's complicate : you have to take a film sheet from the instax cartridge, insert it in the polaroid cartridge, load it on the camera, take the shot, then insert the film sheet in the instax again to use it for extracting and develop the film. Boring...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just grafted a Belair Instax back onto a 3x4 Speed Graphic. It seems to work well but still have a small light leak to address. My next will be a Polaroid Pathfinder that I was going to put a pack film back on.

Oliver,
I think the Mamiya Press is the same as the Polaroid 600SE. We have a guy here in US (Polaroid Conversions) that makes an Instax back for the 600SE. There is a small mod to the camera but I think you can do that yourself and not have to send the camera out.

While the Instax wide film is quite nice and only a little smaller than the Polaroid format I will miss the peel apart film. Maybe we can get Fuji to make a B&W instax or even slide film, Instax-Chrome. Wouldn't that be cool?
Pete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Pete, the Mamiya Press has the same design as the Polaroid 600 SE.
The main and great difference is that the Mamiya Press is made for film 6x9, 6x7 film backs and also can receive a graflex back.

Thank you for the name of the Instax wide adaptor. Wink
Is it this one : http://www.polaroidconversions.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have fully working Polaroid 100, regret that I sold my 250 for peanuts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 100 is a nice keeper because it was the first pack film camera. The 250s are better work cameras because of the single window Zeiss viewfinder. They both have the same glass lens. Unfortunately I don't think this series can be easily converted to Instax.
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Your 100 is a nice keeper because it was the first pack film camera.

That is why I kept that instead of the 250. Can't just remember / understand why I sold it. I think it was some eyecather at my table on a local flea market. Good one indeed. Embarassed