Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lenses at home, are they cheaper?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Lenses at home, are they cheaper? Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am completely new here. And not very old owner of some FUJINON lenses. I am absolutely in love with these lenses. Here's list of my FUJINONs:

EBC Fujinon 35/2.8
EBC Fujinon 55/1.8(2 copies)
EBC Fujinon MACRO 55/3.5
EBC x-Fujinon 55/1.6
EBC Fujinon 100/2.8
EBC Fujinon 135/3.5

awaiting EBC Fujinon 50/1.4

As they say "appetite comes by eating" To my collection grows I need EBC 19mm and some others;)
I have a great opportunity to go in Tokyo recently. I want to know if someone has taken manual lenses bought from Japan. Are there better prices. I think they have shops full of 19mm Fujinons at sweet prices Wink Or that's just an illusion?

P.S. Sorry for my english

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Japan is one of the most expensive country on the Earth and they like photography and like old gears. I guess valuable lenses are fetch higher price there than in your country. You have nice list from Fujinons, they are not so common. Did you bought all from one person ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome in the forum!
A warning is obliged however, this is a place with high risk of getting infected with LBA. But may be you are infected already Laughing.
Here are several enthousiastic users of Fuji lenses in the forum; I have only 50mm 1.8 lenses on Fujica reflexes myself, that doesn't count really.
Member Koji is one of the experts who can make you wiser on the question you come with, I think. He visits Japan on a regulairly base I believe.
Enjoy your stay here!

Aad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila
I'll be more realistic now.
I gathered my little collection from 4 different persons.

Last edited by izvar on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice, I though perhaps you got all from one collector. To visit Japan is a fantastic opportunity even if you couldn't buy anything. Just open your eyes and enjoy company of those great people and their wonderful country.
If you have a chance to take some pictures, please publish it here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.
I'm already infected;)
I'll try to get pleasure ... and I'll try to forget about hunting lenses Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izvar wrote:
Thanks, guys.
I'm already infected;)
I'll try to get pleasure ... and I'll try to forget about hunting lenses Wink

Best what you can do Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Japanese prices of old gear.
You can get new gear considerable cheaper than in Germany, though.
And what you have is a fantastic variety of offers of old lenses in Japan!

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome to the LBA hospital ... sorry, forum ... and enjoy your stay ...

You almost beaten me. I just have:

2 x EBC Fujinon-W 28/3.5
2 x EBC Fujinon 55/3.5 Macro (1 with the original 1:1 tube)
2 x EBC Fujinon-T 135/3.5
2 x EBC Fujinon-T 135/2.5
1 x (EBC ?) Fujinon 43-75

Awaiting an EBC Fujinon 50/1.4, a 55/1.8 and a 200/4.5 Wink ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Fujinons are great!

I have

55/1.8
100/2.8
100/2.8 EBC
135/3.5 EBC
200/4.5 EBC

And of course a Fujica st605n!

Have to get myself a few wides. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have:
1x 35/2.8
2x 50/1.4 EBC
1x 50/1.4 non EBC
6x 55/1.8 EBC
2x 55/2.2
2x 135/3.5 EBC

All in m42 mount , of course. I really want the 100/2.8 and it's the next one one my list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have any Fujinon lenses -- unless you consider the one permanently attached to my Finepix S3000 digicam Cool -- but welcome to the forum anyway.

Attila is correct. If the Japanese like a Japanese-made item, they will usually pay more for it than anyone else will. So chances are that, if you run across a stash of Fujinon lenses anywhere in Japan their prices will be on the high side. BUT! If you will be traveling to Japan anyway, it will never hurt to look.

Me, when I was still very new to photography, I visited Japan, and decided that I would buy a camera there, figuring that I would get the best deal in Japan for a Japanese camera. I bought a Canon A-1 -- still very high-tech for 1983. Paid about $250 for it. Came to find out when I got back that I could have bought it through a US mail-order house for about $25 cheaper. Go figure.

Oh well, have a good time here. Looks like you're off to a good start with your Fujinon collection. And post some pics when you get the chance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the warm words. And for sharing data about your lenses. I never knew so many FUJINON fans with beautiful collections. Of course I'll share with you pictures created by these cute lenses and not only by them.