Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Noctilux 50mm f1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna even attempt to single out all the faves, bravura performance, Hari! Cool

Even on the current cheapest NEX (sacrilege Smile), the F3, there's some 3D pop, here

wonderful lens, not found in the bottom of cereal boxes... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

This one shot in a very very dark rooftop and pp'ed to bring out some light and details

Wow Hari, they're all great, but this one in particular makes me quite nostalgic. Those cool summer evenings with friends in India!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I'm not gonna even attempt to single out all the faves, bravura performance, Hari! Cool

Even on the current cheapest NEX (sacrilege Smile), the F3, there's some 3D pop, here

wonderful lens, not found in the bottom of cereal boxes... Wink

Thanks mate for your kind words Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Hari wrote:

This one shot in a very very dark rooftop and pp'ed to bring out some light and details

Wow Hari, they're all great, but this one in particular makes me quite nostalgic. Those cool summer evenings with friends in India!

Absolutely Bhargav!

cool summer evenings on a friends terrace with nice food and drinks and laughter all night long with a constant flow of people in and out

Crying or Very sad now to put up with 6 months of cold and darkness Mad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The low lights photos really shows off the capability of this lens (and of course the photographer himself Wink ) Hari!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing images Hari.
color and bokeh just Woooowwwww

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
The low lights photos really shows off the capability of this lens (and of course the photographer himself Wink ) Hari!

thanks Simon! Very Happy

it really is a remarkable lens. it's got a really long focus throw but i got used to it and its light gathering is simply awesome

if i compare the nokton 50/1.1 to the noctilux, it seems like the nokton behaves like an f1.4 at f1.1 in terms of light gathering

at f1.4, my leicas and at f1.5, my zeiss ZM sonnar gather as much light as the nokton at f1.1

am i making sense? Laughing

I'm on a 6 month journey with the m9 + noctilux combo. One camera, one lens, two batteries and a whole world to photograph!

Last edited by Hari on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siswono wrote:
Amazing images Hari.
color and bokeh just Woooowwwww

Thank you Siswono!

this lens is my absolute favorite. it's probably the best made lens in my collection. absolute pleasure to use.

and for my taste, the ultimate bokeh!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series added. Happy traveling with the combo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Beautiful series added. Happy traveling with the combo.

Thanks mate!

i initially thought of a 2 body, 2 lens kit but dropped it in favor of 1 body and 1 lens

no better way to master your skill and your equipment!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

if i compare the nokton 50/1.1 to the noctilux, it seems like the nokton behaves like an f1.4 at f1.1 in terms of light gathering

at f1.4, my leicas and at f1.5, my zeiss ZM sonnar gather as much light as the nokton at f1.1

Glass types, thickness of the glass, number of the elements and especially the coating are able to make an huge difference indeed.
I had an Olympus OM 50/1.2 which was slower than the Minolta MD 50/1.4 and so on. But my Nokton 50/1.1 was a lot faster than the Minolta MD 50/1.4 Very Happy I wonder how much faster the Noctilux would be Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is the reason why most professional cine lenses have a T-stop scale aside from just a f-stop scale which take account of a lens' absolute transmission (T = transmission). So a f1.9 lens can easily turn into a T2.3 lens. Such allows to swap lenses without having to adjust the metering, if T-stops are used for comparisons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Hari wrote:

Glass types, thickness of the glass, number of the elements and especially the coating are able to make an huge difference indeed.
I had an Olympus OM 50/1.2 which was slower than the Minolta MD 50/1.4 and so on. But my Nokton 50/1.1 was a lot faster than the Minolta MD 50/1.4 Very Happy I wonder how much faster the Noctilux would be Smile

well, if you're ever in the frankfurt/heidelberg region, give me a shout and we'll catch up. more fun to do this over a coffee and with the gear than online mathematics Very Happy