Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Last of Summer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Last of Summer Reply with quote

Fall is approaching fast here in Western Canada(snow in parts of Calgary already Crying or Very sad) so took a few shots while flowers still around...

one more

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice flowers as usual from you.

I felt a little bit cold when I tested my Ultron earlier today as it was only 22 degrees centigrade outside and a little bit windy. Wink
After the last weeks which have been deep in the thirties that's also a major change for me.....
However, situation likely, summer seems to end now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas,it was only 4centigrade on Friday and snow was in foothills of Rockies and non stop rain in the City but today back to 20C in afternoon.As I get older I do not understand why it seems there are only 8month in the year.Tempest Fugit. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S$@& in August is not very common at all, we've had snow in July too, we won't likely see s$@& till end of October.
Nice shots too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lightshow...last year it was end of September and I have been at Lake louise in July and it snowed and in Lethbridge two years in a row it snowed on June 1st.Only in Canada Eh?.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can`t be that bad? Looking at the map, Calgery is far south (51° north). Even London is further north... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
It can`t be that bad? Looking at the map, Calgery is far south (51° north). Even London is further north... Wink

The UK gets the warm Gulfstream, it's a lot milder here than Canada, but wetter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calgary has fairly high altitude, and it's close to the mountains which adds instability, so we can and have gone from -20 deg C to +20 deg C and back to -20 deg C all within one day, getting snow in the middle of summer is not uncommon(1/10 years).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed,we are on the same Latitude as Rome I believe,and as Lightshow stated we are also close to high Rockies so moisture from Pacific cools over the Mountains and we get rain or snow.An example is Monsoon in India thanks to Himalayas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Indeed,we are on the same Latitude as Rome I believe,and as Lightshow stated we are also close to high Rockies so moisture from Pacific cools over the Mountains and we get rain or snow.An example is Monsoon in India thanks to Himalayas.

Although I haven't been in the western part of Canada so far, I "enjoyed" Montreal quite often during Winter, which equals the Milano latitude I think.
However, also no place for me in Winter. Milano is normally much nicer in terms of temperature at the same time.... Wink
So the latitude is only part of the story, that's rather sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Did you mention which lens?

Temperatures here have been high all summer. Many weekends I stayed indoors instead of doing photo outings because I can't handle the heat and humidity combination. It's still well above 90°F (32°C).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:

Temperatures here have been high all summer. Many weekends I stayed indoors instead of doing photo outings because I can't handle the heat and humidity combination. It's still well above 90°F (32°C).

The heat was on pause for the last week in my part of the world. As from day after tomorrow it will be back again and it's forecast-ed to stay for a while. Crying or Very sad
And I thought the summer is over now......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Calgary has fairly high altitude, and it's close to the mountains which adds instability, so we can and have gone from -20 deg C to +20 deg C and back to -20 deg C all within one day, getting snow in the middle of summer is not uncommon(1/10 years).

I wasn`t aware of the altitude, looks like it is above 1000m which will have an huge impact of course. Wink
Climate looks more or less like here, but Lillehammer is only 150m above sea level, but 10 degrese furter north (61°).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here what it looks like here:

View South thru smoke by unoh7, m9 28/2
Heavy smoke from many fires to the west.

If you are very high, still some flowers:

High Rock Garden by unoh7, on Flickr