Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lake Ashi in Hakone, Japan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Lake Ashi in Hakone, Japan Reply with quote

I'm still getting used to shooting film. I've wasted so many frames Embarassed Fortunately I'm using the cheap and cheerful Kodak Gold. When I get a bit better, I'll try out some more expensive film (and maybe even slide film!)

These were all scanned on my v700 at fairly low resolution (High resolution scans take such a long time!)

Edit: Sorry for the inconsistent image sizes. I'm not sure what happened.

And a couple back in town

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd and 3rd shots really stand out in this set of images. You are picking up film very well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've given the torii a little more room at the bottom in 2. Love the
running shoes shot! I remember the floating torii at Miyajima, the largest
Ryobu torii. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you find difficult about film? The same principles apply generally apply. If in doubt, give a little more +EV as the film you are using will handle overexposure better than under.

Kodak Gold is one of my favourite films. It's very different to digital though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

Martin I struggle with wasting frames when I shoot film. When I shoot digital, I shoot quickly and waste a lot of frames. But because it's digital it doesn't matter. I think I need to slow down a bit when I'm out with the camera.

Tori definitely needs more room at the top and bottom. I think the auto scan cropped off a little from the top and bottom. I might rescan it and select the whole negative.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series!

Quote:
When I shoot digital, I shoot quickly and waste a lot of frames

yes, it is the reason why film disappear
a walk with film is like a session of yoga Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure doesn't look like you are having any trouble picking up film to me.