Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

krasnogorsk lenses on m4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: krasnogorsk lenses on m4/3 Reply with quote

is there any way to get these type video camera lenses to work on an ep1?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K-3 uses a standard m42 screw mount system. So the 50mm and the 135mm fixed lenses that come with the deluxe kit will fit fine. If you are referring to the standard kit zoom lens, the flange distance is pretty extreme on it... so there's probably a slim chance. I'll measure mine out tomorrow for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the ones I have seen have a special bajonet mount (?)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys--i didnt know the difference between K 1,2&3, now i do. i will look out for K-3 lenses and try one out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Most of the ones I have seen have a special bajonet mount (?)

At first I thought you were probably thinking of the Russian 35mm rigs that are usually bayonet mounts (Oct-18 or 0ct-19). All of the k-3 units I've ever seen are screw mounts, but you're right, there are some with bayonet mounts that don't look like the standard oct mounts at all.... I wonder what these are:
http://www.k3camera.com/k3/krasnogorsk-3-lens-mount.php

I'll dig out my screw mount zoom and let you know the flange distance later this evening.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

what about Mir-11 12.5mm f/2.2 lens on krasnogorsk bayonet
do you think it's useable on m4/3?

BR,
Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i understand 16mm lenses dont cover the m4/3 sensor completely until around 25mm, so while lens may be 'useable', may have significant vignetting. dont have direct experience with this yet myself, just what i have read/learned.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Meteor... Reply with quote

Once I had Meteor 17-69 f1.9 (Krasnogorsk-3 camera) bought for 20$... now I'm also thinking about m4/3, it's simple, small and enough for occasional shooting. Would be nice to have full range of it's zoom with so bright aperture Wink)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the Meteor 17-69 zooms also. Unfortunately, I got screwed by the vendor in Russia who claimed it was an M42 mount... This is what I got:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=965629&image=357783536&images=357783536&formats=0&format=0&lgdin=1

So, does anybody know of a way to get this onto a micro 4/3 camera? Are there adapters to M42 for this format?

Thanks,

Stefan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apicius9 wrote:
So, does anybody know of a way to get this onto a micro 4/3 camera? Are there adapters to M42 for this format?

There's none and rather won't be. Those lenses are old and unusual.

I was thinking of adapting Meteor to m4/3 but I have one guy repairing weapons, old clocks etc, precious and precise, he is able to produce an adapter while having both lens and mount in hands...

At the moment I have Krasnogorsk movie camera and 8-48mm zoom, but still don't have any EVIL/CSC (you know, small body).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question!

Will METEOR 5-1 F1,9 /17-69mm zoom lens work on Canon 5D camera?
Will it hit mirror or work OK?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Meteor 5-1 Reply with quote

Misha_M wrote:
Question!

Will METEOR 5-1 F1,9 /17-69mm zoom lens work on Canon 5D camera?
Will it hit mirror or work OK?

I am working on one to fit it onto my C-mount converted GoPro. The back lens must touch the C-mount almost to get proper back-focus flange distance 17.5mm. So I doubt you can put it that near on Canon's sensor without hitting something.
Also if you have bajonet mount specimen it would be easy to take that off - then fit M39 to M42 ring over the barrel by filing the M39 treads down a bit. Before you tight the ring down you can adjust the back-focus depending what you use for the adaptor for your camera.

So far this lens looks pretty good. I love the handle for smooth zooming.
I would like to know the cover area as well to calculate the crop factor for my sensor. The 17 will not be true 17 for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely no good at all, the lens's flange focal distance is so small I think it would have difficulty mounting on a Pentax Q. Forget about it. On a M4/3 you will have a tiny circle even if you could use it. Its better on a Krasnagorsk. On a canon theres danger of it touching the shutter not the mirror. Or perhaps thats a mild exaggeration.