Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kontax ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Kontax ? Reply with quote

I am awaiting a ContaxIV from Kiev as created by the ex Arsenal techs for me -

What to do with a dud Contax III body which has donated it's top half to another Contax III ?

Coax a rare-ish *1958 Kiev 4 top with compact meter , controls etc onto it , scrap the broken self timer and lo and behold , a pre-war Contax IIIa !
* a few Kiev 4 were made just as the Contax IIIa post war , with a plain top plate to the meter .
Made of thin aluminium , they dinted easily , so strengthening ribs were added .
I have a 1957 Kiev 4 like this - unmolested as yet !

Ok ,the Conatx mechanism is pure pre war , but it sure looks neat .
I hate those fake Contax cameras made around late Kiev 4a cameras , and my Autism loves ' sets ' .

I will now have a ' set ' of Contax profiles - II [ see avatar ] III and IV .
Contax Contentment !

Contax II is lovely to use , but a separate meter is advisable .

Contax III with restored meter , is an Art Deco masterpiece - a true Grande Dame ,
but she is really a handfull !

Contax IV provides all of the Contax experience without the mechanical compromises of the late Kievs ,
with the reassurance of a sunny 16 check from the compact meter .

Did I mention that a KNeB IV is also coming to create a set of KNeBs II / III / IV based on a 1957 KIIIa and *1958 Kiev 4 with non ridged meter top plate .

The pic is from the guy in Ukraine - probably a camera phone LOL