Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Macro-Hexanon AR 3.5/55mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Konica Macro-Hexanon AR 3.5/55mm Reply with quote

Hi,

not so rare like Attilas 21mm but I´m not unhappy too to get this fine lens today.

Near new condition together with Macro lens adapter.
Samples images will follow asap

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am envy LOL!!! I will follow you for sure!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Hexanon or Canon fd 50mm macro I would like to play with...am using a Vivitar macro ATM and am not sure how good it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Now that Hexanon or Canon fd 50mm macro I would like to play with...am using a Vivitar macro ATM and am not sure how good it is.

I never seen any bad macro lens, must be good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

I never seen any bad macro lens, must be good.

All non macro shots with the Viv are very sharp, but this is the best I can do in macro so it's me .........or the lens.

Leaf hopper that didn't move.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/SRTrokf1-4vivmacro931.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all the macros in 50 or 55 mm have the same schame. Glass diference? Konica ever used excelent glass. Build differences? Konica ever build the lenses in excelent mode.

I hope that konica macro lens is an excelent one. (like the 99% of konica lenses, perhaps with the exceptions of the 1,8/50 MC, the 3,5/28 MC and the 3,5/135, three lenses not excelent although above average ones).

Congratulations!!

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Almost all the macros in 50 or 55 mm have the same schame. Glass diference? Konica ever used excelent glass. Build differences? Konica ever build the lenses in excelent mode.

I hope that konica macro lens is an excelent one. (like the 99% of konica lenses, perhaps with the exceptions of the 1,8/50 MC, the 3,5/28 MC and the 3,5/135, three lenses not excelent although above average ones).

Congratulations!!

Rino.

Well I can't see the difference between the Hexanon 50mm f1.7 and f1.8, but would agree the 28mm f3.5 and 135mm f3.5 are not the sharpest.
The 135mm can be excused as most manufacturers churned out some average 135mm primes, but not for the 28mm as my Canon fd 28mm f2.8 is sharper.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at here and you can see what you can get with the
Hexanon 3.5/28mm

http://forum.mflenses.com/morning-fog-t22150.html

Samples with 135mm will follow

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hexanon 3.5/28mm

Wink

Hexanon are my favourites lenses, it's just that I find some of them are not as sharp as other makes, I noticed this the first time I used them and was shocked because of the hype (on the net) that Hexanon set the standard for other makes of lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Hexanon 3.5/28mm

Wink

Hexanon are my favourites lenses, it's just that I find some of them are not as sharp as other makes, I noticed this the first time I used them and was shocked because of the hype (on the net) that Hexanon set the standard for other makes of lenses.

In my experience Hexanons like Nikkors mostly some of them even better pretty much CZ Contax quality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
....Well I can't see the difference between the Hexanon 50mm f1.7 and f1.8, but would agree the 28mm f3.5 and 135mm f3.5 are not the sharpest.
The 135mm can be excused as most manufacturers churned out some average 135mm primes, but not for the 28mm as my Canon fd 28mm f2.8 is sharper.

The hexanon 1,7/50 had two versions, as you know.

I found the first the best, by far. The second 1,7 is more similar to the cheapest 1,8.

I tried all of 50 mm AR hexanons and the 1,8/40 too. In my copies the older 1,7 was the better. The 1,8/50 that came with the TC's not so good.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hexanon 3.5/28mm

Wink

Hi Rolf.

Very nice pics, endeed. And you have the merit, not the lens.

And if you try the MC hexanon 3,5/28 mm with 5 elements you perhaps note, like I did, that is more contrast but with less resolution power (very noticeable) than the old 7 elements S.C.

In the end of the 70's, konica changed the formulas in a lot of lenses, went to more contrastier lenses and sacrified resolution power not in all lenses but in some of them.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

****And if you try the MC hexanon 3,5/28 mm with 5 elements you perhaps note, like I did, that is more contrast but with less resolution power (very noticeable) than the old 7 elements S.C.****

Ah! I have two Hexanon 28mm f3.5 lenses with 5 elements which would seem are not the best for sharpness. I also have two 40mm f1.8 which are much sharper.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the preset version for these shots. The oldest one. 7 elements with 6 groups.

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e28_35.html

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf, I have the last version the 5-element, came with lens case and
case for the rectangular hood:

If not as sharp as the 7-element, I find it to be a good performer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Bill !

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I used the preset version for these shots. The oldest one. 7 elements with 6 groups.

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e28_35.html

Wink

From the link:-

"The switch-over to the 5 element design caused a slight loss in optical quality, though. The last 7 element variation is considered to be the best variation of the Hexanon AR 28 mm / F3.5."

me\ shame on Konica to save a few pennies when Canon were bringing out a sharper 28mm lens...erm although in plastic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

That metal shade stay at home when I sold my konica equipment. Very nice. I like it very much.

Rino.