Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f1.8 Lens for Sigma SD14. Doable?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f1.8 Lens for Sigma SD14. Doable? Reply with quote

Picked up the subject lens earlier today. It's in very nice shape.

Was a "babe in the woods" at the thrift shop. Didn't really know the lens at all, but for six bucks decided to take a chance. Maybe dumb luck, but this lens appears to be OK. And the thrift shop even threw in a (I assume) worthless SLR camera.

But now my luck might have run out. I need to mount the lens onto my Sigma SD14. At present the only adapter I own is a very nice, brass, SA to M42. I use it to mount my Tamron Adaptall-2 lens through an Adaptall-2 to M42 adapter. The arrangement for the Tamron works out well.

So far, though, I can't seem to locate an adapter to adapt the Hexanon AR to M42. And certainly there is nothing to adapt the Hexanon AR to SA. SA is not popular.

Anyone out there have any ideas or helpful suggestions? Has anyone done this before?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be use less, film register distance is huge ~ 5mm it will be works in limited range only my guess is from lens minimum shooting distance up to 1m perhaps. Only the way to use properly on digital cameras , mirror less cameras like micro 4/3 , Sony Nex or Samsung NX. It can usable on 4/3 too with mount conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. I appreciate the response. It is helpful.