Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 21mm f4: Sun, Mountains and Snow
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 21mm f4: Sun, Mountains and Snow Reply with quote

A week before Christmas, we spent a weekend in the mountains with perfect weather. I had three Hexanons with me, 21/4, 40/1.8 and 50/1.7, as well as the Zuikos 24/2.8, 50/1.4 and 100/2.8. Plus the Sony Alpha 7 and the EM-10. On top Meyer Oreston 50/1.8. Next time I might travel lighter Smile

However, here´s the 21mm Konica Hexanon. It has a distinctive way to render images, and I start to recognize the charactistics of this lens. Most obviously, it´s a bit shy on the red side. Looks good though, albeit the Zuikos might be better in these light conditions.

The camera was set to neutral, ISO100, f16 (maybe f11 in one or two cases). I slightly post-processed all raw files, switched off noise reduction, optimized shadows a bit and raised EV to make the snow appear natural.

Hope you like it Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them a lot. The Hexanon 4/21mm is not my favourite Konica, but thses pics look quite good to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Snow is pretty rare here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
I like them a lot. The Hexanon 4/21mm is not my favourite Konica, but thses pics look quite good to me.

Thank you!

Which one´s your favourite Konica lens, if I may ask?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
Zamo wrote:

Thank you!

Which one´s your favourite Konica lens, if I may ask?

A bit like my favourite book, which would change everytime you ask... but, for sentimental reasons, 50mm 1.7, it made me discover and appreciate the world of manual lenses. Other than that, I have a particular fondness for the 100mm and the 35mm 2.8. And then, the 135mm 2.5. I have taken very special pictures with all of them. And then, the 57mm 1.4 in B&W, I think it performs beautifully.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
A bit like my favourite book, which would change everytime you ask... but, for sentimental reasons, 50mm 1.7, it made me discover and appreciate the world of manual lenses. Other than that, I have a particular fondness for the 100mm and the 35mm 2.8. And then, the 135mm 2.5. I have taken very special pictures with all of them. And then, the 57mm 1.4 in B&W, I think it performs beautifully.

In my mind, too, the 50mm 1.7 is extraordinary, I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Yes, the place is really beautiful. Filzmoos is the name. The locals call it a "snow-hole" (literally translated). Wink
It´s a four hours drive from where I live, and in my place, snow is unfortunately pretty rare, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Yes, the place is really beautiful. Filzmoos is the name. The locals call it a "snow-hole" (literally translated). Wink
It´s a four hours drive from where I live, and in my place, snow is unfortunately pretty rare, too.

Snow is a mixed blessing. One year, I think it was 2009 first snow fell October: "nice but it doesnt last long", ok - it finally got away next May. Smile