Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica AR 24mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Konica AR 24mm 2.8 Reply with quote

LBA bit me again.... couldn't resist how cheap the price was.

Taken with Pentax Kr + Konica AR 24mm 2.8 Smile

and the lens....

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you don't have to convert us. Most visitors here would love to be able to afford a Hexanon 24, a fantastic lens. You mention your lens was inexpensive. But you give us no specifics. US$150 or US$200 would not seem inexpensive to me. Here are a couple currently for sale in the USA:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060778.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC3.A0.H0.XHexanon+.TRS1&_nkw=hexanon+24&_sacat=3323

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A superb lens, one of my favourite Hexanons. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite 24mm too, congrats!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't turn one down, congrats.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First congrats on the fine lens... as for the other I have few questions for you...
Who did the conversion for you or if you did by yourself, how?
I have a set of Konica lenses and I like to use them on my Pentax but in regards of FFD I was assuming that it won't work on k mount. Are you able to focus to infinity?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No infinity.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/995313-REG/fotodiox_k_ar_pk_g_pro_series_pentax_k_lens.html

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe camera fitted with a multi-mount

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAART wrote:
First congrats on the fine lens... as for the other I have few questions for you...
I have a set of Konica lenses and I like to use them on my Pentax but in regards of FFD I was assuming that it won't work on k mount. Are you able to focus to infinity?

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know much about Hexanon's and I know it would be difficult for the lens to be adapted to PK mount but as I hold it, it was well built and looks something special. So for $20 I bought it and hoping someday I might find a use to it. Smile

I did not use any adapter. I just hold the lens in front of my camera something like free-lensing. No infinity focus and about six inches MFD.

Anyway I just found out on e-bay that I really found a bargain. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did get a bargain! I saw one on e-bay at auctiona and am trying to fill out my Konica collection. These rarely come up on e-bay for auction, usually just BIN. So I bid 160 USD. Closed at 156. Just tried it out this morning.

and the 100% crop

A teensy bit of vignetting in the corners but really sharp. The 100% crop is quite usable. (it was at F8 but still....)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was very prone to flare.

I thought that it wasn't a good lens, but I can see now that was my copy only.

Bad luck.

Good for you.

Congrats.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my experience is very limited so far. It was mostly overcast with the sun shining through thin clouds lighting the truck from behind. Conditions in which no good lens would flare. But the previous posters photos and Attila's endorsement are seemingly good indications. I just got an FDn in the same FL. I will have to do a comparison, when I get time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Well my experience is very limited so far. It was mostly overcast with the sun shining through thin clouds lighting the truck from behind. Conditions in which no good lens would flare. But the previous posters photos and Attila's endorsement are seemingly good indications. I just got an FDn in the same FL. I will have to do a comparison, when I get time.

Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, how much? I can never seem to find a decent one at the right price.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbrooksII wrote:
RAART wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know much about Hexanon's and I know it would be difficult for the lens to be adapted to PK mount but as I hold it, it was well built and looks something special. So for $20 I bought it and hoping someday I might find a use to it. Smile

I did not use any adapter. I just hold the lens in front of my camera something like free-lensing. No infinity focus and about six inches MFD.

Anyway I just found out on e-bay that I really found a bargain. Smile

Sweet photos.

But I disagree with what you wrote. You did not purchase this lens, one everyone wants (I certainly do), for $20. That was a theft, pure and simple. You are one INCREDIBLY lucky dog!!

Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please edit your "theft comment" non English readers may not see the sarcasm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

Zu spät, Anzeige ist raus!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a sample of the Konica Hexanon 2.8/24mm (same type I as shown above) a few days ago, in an impeccable state as well. It is - as all other Hexanons i know - well built, but quite big. It's perfomance - compared to the other about ten 24mm primes I own - is not really convincing. Wide open, the Konica Hexanon 2.8/24mm corners are quite blurred - lenses such as the Canon nFD 2.8/24mm, the nFD 2/24mm or the Minolta MD-III 2.8/24mm certainly do it way better.

Compared to 24mm primes from the same time (e. g. FD "chrome nose" 2.8/24mm and MC-X 2.8/24mm) its performance is OK, but certainly not overwhelming.

Stephan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
A superb lens, one of my favourite Hexanons. Smile

+1

I rate it as one of the best Hexanons, it has a real 3d quality to how it renders.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
I got a sample of the Konica Hexanon 2.8/24mm (same type I as shown above) a few days ago, in an impeccable state as well. It is - as all other Hexanons i know - well built, but quite big. It's perfomance - compared to the other about ten 24mm primes I own - is not really convincing. Wide open, the Konica Hexanon 2.8/24mm corners are quite blurred - lenses such as the Canon nFD 2.8/24mm, the nFD 2/24mm or the Minolta MD-III 2.8/24mm certainly do it way better.

Compared to 24mm primes from the same time (e. g. FD "chrome nose" 2.8/24mm and MC-X 2.8/24mm) its performance is OK, but certainly not overwhelming.

Stephan

You simply don't evaluate lenses very well. Who the hell cares about the far corners wide open, especially with a 24mm wide angle lens?

This Hexanon is a really top performer because the images it produces are very aesthetically pleasing in all regards, it has strong vivid colours, strong micro and macro contrast, it is always sharp where it needs to be, the images are full of life, they have a 3D depth, it is simply a great picture taking tool.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

sar·casm

noun

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;

Gosh, at least one English reader apparently is misunderstanding my words. There was not an ounce of sarcasm; no mocking, no ridicule, and certainly no scorn.

I was paying the OP a HUGE compliment!!

The deal he got on this great lens is tantamount to thievery, to his having stolen the lens. "Stolen" in this context means at $20 the lens was a remarkable deal, a "steal of a deal" as the expression goes.

I still cannot believe he got the lens for only 20 bucks. It's amazing!! And look at the superb condition of the OP's lens. Why it looks like it's brand new!

(I hope you understand that I actually DO believe the OP and am not accusing him of being untruthful. Did I really need to explain that? Hope not.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
... for $20. That was a theft, pure and simple.

Maybe he should have said "for $20 Thas was almost a theft, pure and simple." If it had been a real theft, he would have paid nothing! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
guardian wrote:
... for $20. That was a theft, pure and simple.

Maybe he should have said "for $20 Thas was almost a theft, pure and simple." If it had been a real theft, he would have paid nothing! Laugh 1

Yeah, I probably should just have gone with the actual expression, "steal of a deal", and left things there.

I try so hard every day for these kinds of lens deals and succeed so seldom. Only yesterday I paid a seller's asking price for a lens I desperately wanted, but a lens not one quarter as desirable as the OP's lens. Too many such experiences do engender hyperbole when you come across a situation like the OP's beautiful lens and the remarkably low price he paid for it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

You simply don't evaluate lenses very well. Who the hell cares about the far corners wide open, especially with a 24mm wide angle lens?

This Hexanon is a really top performer

Of course you're free to prove your statements with images - that would be useful for all of us!

I do care about corner performance, often wide open, and my clients do as well. So for me corner performance is an issue. Not the only one of course, but an important one.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By chance,I have made a quick comparison of 24mm f2.8 this morning with an A7 ( Canon FD, Hexanon 1st gen, Hexanon 2d gen, Rokkor MC)
Hexanon 1st gen is the lens of this thread.
at f8 ( canon FD)

right corner Canon FD

and Hexanon