Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Koni Omegaflex M: first results!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Koni Omegaflex M: first results! Reply with quote

First roll of film through the Omegaflex: Ilford FP4+. Unfortunately i used a smartphone to measure light as i did not have anything else. Need to get a proper lightmeter.... using phones is not smart!! All negs were about one stop over exposed, so i had to adjust them in LR somewhat.

Anyway: i am quite happy, focus is accurate, no lightleaks and shutter and aperture work just fine!!

Some results, more on my flickr page! Thanks for looking!

Omegaflex M: first results by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results. How large is the lighthouse in the third image? Looks no taller than 3 or 4 meters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
Very nice results. How large is the lighthouse in the third image? Looks no taller than 3 or 4 meters

Thanks!

No, it's larger! Look at the door, that is about 2,20 meters.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice that you can get that close to the light house to take pictures and being right on the road

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always fun working with a new camera! I especially like the lighthouse! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots!
How is that camera to use is it very heavy?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Thanks!

Yes, it's over 2kgs! These were taken handheld, but that's not a good option, now i use a heavy duty Slik tripod, you can see it here:
Omegaflex at work by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures from the Omegaflex:

Brocante + WC by René Maly, on Flickr

On Velvia by René Maly, on Flickr

On Velvia by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images, lots of detail. I like them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work. I've shot over 20 different lenses on my Speed Graphic 6x9 and another dozen or so either fixed on folders or on my Pentacon 6 so have a good idea of the quality spread of MF lenses and I'd say the Hexanon you have is in the top part of the pile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Yes indeed, the Hexanon is very good!! I am glad i found this beast! It's a pity though that it's quite rare, and so are the other available lenses... and if they pop up on the bay they fetch serious prices....

There's one Omegaflex M on the bay, without 28x viewfinder however, still cheap and less than a day to go: http://goo.gl/EapN2Y

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some really great shots, René. I've always liked the Omega cameras and the lenses are just amazing.