Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komuranon 135mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Komuranon 135mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results with strong colours. Surprised at the lack of snow on the ski jumps, figured you would still have snow in Norway, we had some here in northern england two days ago but only on the mountains.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Very nice results with strong colours. Surprised at the lack of snow on the ski jumps, figured you would still have snow in Norway, we had some here in northern england two days ago but only on the mountains.

Thx, we still have loads of snow in the mountains too. Wink

The lens is quite good, as most 135mm.
This is a never type Komura lens in m42. Nicely built and good to operate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah yes, I like the look of those later Komuranons, they are rare in the UK, only seen two of three on ebay in last year or so and they attract plenty of bids and quite high prices.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are rather uncommon everywhere. In later days Komura sold a lot more zooms than simple 135mm's.

The mount is M42, but it seems with additions for the Pentax Spotmatic ES, for open aperture metering.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
These are rather uncommon everywhere. In later days Komura sold a lot more zooms than simple 135mm's.

The mount is M42, but it seems with additions for the Pentax Spotmatic ES, for open aperture metering.

The two I saw were a 28mm and a 25mm, the 28 was in MD mount and the 35 in FD mount, attractive looking lenses but they went out of my price range with many bids.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 135 sure looks like the CZJ Sonnar.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

The two I saw were a 28mm and a 25mm, the 28 was in MD mount and the 35 in FD mount, attractive looking lenses but they went out of my price range with many bids.

I have a very nice 35mm f/2.5 m42 in the same design in parts. I bought it cheap on the bay together with some other lenses, but the focus didn't work. I opened it to see if there was a "easy" solution to the problem, but the design was to complex for my knowledge (lots of balls and metal rods in a ring).

So now I have all the parts in a small bag Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

A few weeks ago I stopped in the Tombstone Mercantile in Tombstone Arizona. Yeah, the OK Corral, Wyatt Earp, all that stuff. I sometimes live just down the road in Bisbee, on the Mexican border. Anyway, besides various old Takumars and Minoltas, I found a goody: M42 Sankyo Koki W-Komura 35/2.5 with original case and hood, for US$25 total. I think that's a good price. After I return to my home base in a few weeks, I'll be able to develop the RAW files and see just how good it is. At a glance: it's quite good!

What is the difference between W-Komura and Komuranon? My only of the latter is a Komuranon-E 50/3.5 enlarger lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell Komuranon was the later trademark of Komura.

Somewhat belatedly adopting a lens brand, like Nikkor for Nikon.

Your W-Komura is an earlier lens I think, probably with an interchangable mount, the M42 version of which is itself very desirable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
As far as I can tell Komuranon was the later trademark of Komura.

Somewhat belatedly adopting a lens brand, like Nikkor for Nikon.

Your W-Komura is an earlier lens I think, probably with an interchangable mount, the M42 version of which is itself very desirable.

The mount doesn't seem interchangeable -- there's no margin at the bottom. And it's a 2-ring preset aperture. So I did well for US$25?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems quite a cold lens. Good sharp lens with nice bokeh though.