Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura Koki Tokyo 135mm f:2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Komura Koki Tokyo 135mm f:2.8 Reply with quote

I have a m42 Komura lens with a short serial No. 5113

This must be pretty old?

I count 20 blades Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks much different than mine, which is No.3247491. I like the f/2.8 better than the f/3.5. I see you now have both; how do you compare the two?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. Yes its old; its from about 1955-1959 for sure. 1955 may be the earliest date I know of, as I believe its this lens that was listed as a "Coligon" in Seymours Exakta catalog.

B. This sinks my theory that this series of lenses was made by Fujita. They are definitely Komuras, you can't get more definitive evidence than this.

I am referring to the same lens sold as Soligor, Coligon, Peerotar, Spectra, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Looks much different than mine, which is No.3247491. I like the f/2.8 better than the f/3.5. I see you now have both; how do you compare the two?

I have a Komura 105mm f/2. The 135mm f/2.8 is a completely different lens, but I see some similarities in how the glass "renders" the pictures. Wink

luisalegria wrote:
A. Yes its old; its from about 1955-1959 for sure. 1955 may be the earliest date I know of, as I believe its this lens that was listed as a "Coligon" in Seymours Exakta catalog.

B. This sinks my theory that this series of lenses was made by Fujita. They are definitely Komuras, you can't get more definitive evidence than this.

I am referring to the same lens sold as Soligor, Coligon, Peerotar, Spectra, etc.

Interesting theory and conclusion, thx! Wink

Difficult to answer this, but what can a decent price tag be on a lens like this?

Last edited by Nordentro on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still going to be a pretty cheap lens, even with a Komura name and the rarity factor - this is absolutely the earliest Komura I have seen, and the first of this type I have seen sold under its makers name.

The Soligors, etc. of this make regularly sell for @$20

If you advertise it well, maybe $30-40

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

I don't think this disproves your theory. I think two different manufactorers made similiar lenses.

http://forum.mflenses.com/fujita-the-forgotten-maker-t22482,highlight,juplen.html

This a link to your old thread. I think everyone but one is Fujita made.
The Soligor with the the writing around the rim on the rear row right corner, I believe is Komura made.
If I'm right the serial number dosen't start with the letter Y.
If it does I'm wrong. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 blades, wow!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other 135/2.8 in that lineup (Peerotar) is precisely the same construction as the Soligor. They are identical internally, I have opened both side-by side. I even switched parts from one to the other - the Peerotar was M42 and the Soligor Exakta, I switched mounts. They fit perfectly.

So the maker must be the same.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this lens!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
woodrim wrote:

I have a Komura 105mm f/2. The 135mm f/2.8 is a completely different lens, but I see some similarities in how the glass "renders" the pictures. Wink

I had momentarily confused you with Luis, who has the f/3.5 version. I have both and prefer the f/2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The other 135/2.8 in that lineup (Peerotar) is precisely the same construction as the Soligor. They are identical internally, I have opened both side-by side. I even switched parts from one to the other - the Peerotar was M42 and the Soligor Exakta, I switched mounts. They fit perfectly.

So the maker must be the same.

Yes, it looks like my Komura is exactly the same as your Soligor